Ch 13

Not edited. Just a quick FYI... re the soup in January. January is the middle of Australia's summer and sure, there would be people who do have it but generally because of the heat we usually stick to summery foods :)

She wants to leave? NO! She can't. Man he fucked up. Chríst! She hasn't been well and they just had to push her over the edge.

Should he get Jax? No, he was the one who came out all alpha fúcking male, it was up to him to apologise.

She only asked a damn question! Fúck he was a díckhèad!

He heard her moving around and raised his hand to knock.

What if she sent him away? Fúck!

Reaching for the door handle he felt a bead of sweat trickle down from the nape of his neck towards his arsè.

Fúcking annoying!

He turned the handle and slowly walked into the room.

"Cori? Sweetheart? Could we talk... Please?"

Silence. He stepped further into the room, looked around and that's when he found her.

A carved storage chest had been placed in front of the window and Cori was sitting on it looking out.

"Cori" he said softly.

Still nothing. He took a deep breath, ran his hands through his hair and moved towards her.

Still she didn't acknowledge him... at all. He sat beside her.

"I'm sorry."

She scrunched her nose a little.

Finally an acknowledgement that he was there!

"I keep fúcking up sweetheart."

She nodded but still refused to speak or look at him.

He exhaled.

"What you asked... it was something that I had to come to terms with when Jax and I first got together. We're a secret because of his mother, my wife."

She looked at him and he was hit by the hurt in her eyes.

"I believe that no matter what being honest is the most important thing you can be."

"I value honesty."

"Honesty as what you see it Russell? I asked a question and told you how it felt to me. What would you prefer that I wonder about it and keep my mouth shut?"

"No!" he quickly replied. "Like I said, when Jax and I started out I thought about what people would say if they knew. Your question hit me in the guts because it was too close to what I worried about and to be honest, I guess I still do."

"But why?" She really didn't understand. "You're gay, who cares what people think about that?"

"Let me ask you something... what made Jax using Pops feel weird to you?"

He watched her face and saw the exact moment when she understood.

"Shít... I'm sorry..."

He raised his hand to stop her talking.

"You have nothing to be sorry for. I reacted badly. Please don't ever stop being honest with us. I can't promise that I won't get angry but I can promise that I'll curb it and listen to whatever it is that you're saying."

Cori turned to look out the window again.

"I'm not a child."

"I know that sweetheart."

"I don't need to be spoken to like a little girl. I've already got an overprotective father, I don't need another."

"I know you don't. Though I have to admit before I met you I was thinking in a way very much similar to your father. Then I met you and well... what I was thinking definitely wasn't fatherly."

Cori scrunched her nose up and considered his words, unaware that Jax had quietly slipped into the room and was listening.

"I heard you tell your father you wanted to leave."

"You listened in on a private conversation?" Cori glared at him.

He grimaced.

"Partly" he admitted "but not all. I'm sorry for doing it. Are you leaving?"

She sighed before shaking her head.

"That'd be pretty stupid considering I start work tomorrow."

Russell grinned a smile that showed his relief... if she'd been looking at him she would have seen it.

"Thank God sweetheart. That makes me happier than you can imagine."

"I don't see how. All you've done is treat me like a child. Just because you're older doesn't mean you get to tell me what to do."

Russell sat quietly for a moment as he contemplated his answer.

"I've been around for a lot longer than you..."

"I can take care of myself!"

Jax frowned at Russell as he saw the anger start to build in him.He shook his head quickly and Russell took a deep breath to calm down.

"In some things I will agree with you sweetheart but having just spent twentyfour hours with you I know there's times when you need looking after."

Cori dropped her head in shame.

"Thank you for looking after me. You're right. Sometimes we all need someone's help."

"You have ours sweetheart. Anytime, day or night. If you need us we'll be there for you... and if you let us then we'll be there other times as well.

"What do you guys want with me?"

"You. We want you."

She turned again and looked at him.

"Why?"

"Why not?" he shrugged.

She scoffed and looked away again.

"Great answer Russell. Yeh I'm convinced."

Jax walked over to them and placed his hands on Cori's shoulders lightly.

"Because" he lent down and kissed the side of her neck "you're amazing."

Cori shivered at the light touch from his lips and jumped as fingers started started to trace circles around her thighs.

"Because even though you're still red from the sunburn you are fûcking gorgeous" Russell moved closer.

"Let us show you" Jax whispered.

"What?" Her voice was its own hoarse whisper.

"Let us show you how beautiful you are."

"But..."

"The choice is yours sweetheart. We don't want you to give any more than you're willing to give. We just want to show you, to give you a taste of what it could be like to be with the both of us."

Jax's mouth became firmer on her neck and she closed her eyes and her head dropped back with a groan.

They both chuckled softly.

"If you don't like it sweetheart then we'll never bother you again."

**********

OK my little pervettes chapter 14 will be private and you know what that means *wiggles eyebrows*. It won't be posted for a few days so I can do it via the computer and grab the link for it which for those having problems will be in the private link 'book'. You need to FOLLOW ME to read private chapters.

I'm almost at the end of my prewritten chapters... I keep spoiling you by updating sooner than I plan... I must have a soft spot for you all... Anyhow... If you see updates and nothing shows up then it's just me writing to keep ahead of all my little pervettes :)