50. Mafia boss?

"You mean Italy, as Italy?" Val asked completely sure that she misunderstood.

"I'm pretty sure there's only one Italy in the world" I retorted, picking up their empty plates and taking them to the sink.

Nikki and Val looked at each other in complete shock and after a few seconds they hurried to follow me into the kitchen.

"You said you'll only visit Italy when you found your soulmate...or the closest thing to that because, hear me out" Nikki said pausing.  "Who knows if love is real? I mean I'm still single, that makes no sense" Nikki pointed out.

"Aww Nikki" I said sympathetically. "You know, you'll find love when you least expect it" I ended.

"I always thought that the janitor had a crush on you, if that's worth something" Val pointed out shrugging her shoulders.

Nikki looked at her with a mixture of disgust and shock, she looked at me and then at Val before closing her eyes. "Eww, he is like 70" she said.

"Love has no age" I said in an attempt to annoy Nikki more.

Val laughed while Nikki glared at us, it was usually Val the one that was always being annoyed by Nikki and me, so the change in scenery was nice.

"Ok but leaving Nikki's love life for another minute" Val started once her laughing had subsided. "Italy? Really?"

"Yeah, Italy" I answered nodding.

"You did say that you'll only visit Italy when you found true love right?" Nikki asked serious.

"Yeah, I did" I said keeping my answers short in fear of giving away something that I shouldn't give.

"Parenthesis; that is romantic but idiotic, you should travel for those of us who can't" Val added dramatically.

I looked at them and smirked. "You can travel Val, you just can't get into Italy" I pointed out.

"Hey, my mom can't either" Val corrected.

Nikki chuckled and Val directed her a sharp look. "What? We all know it was your fault, but you were a minor, so your mom had to take the blame for you" Nikki ended.

"I didn't know I couldn't press that button"

Nikki and Val both said at the same time, Val with a serious tone and Nikki with a mocking one.

"We know the story, and even though it's hilarious, I'm cutting you off because Sofía here has some explanation to do" Nikki said pointing a finger at me accusingly.

I laughed at my friends and rolled my eyes playfully. True friends know how to respect your privacy, but also are the first ones to disrespect it, in a playful way at least.

"Have you always been this dramatic?" I said turning my back to them so I could wash the dishes.

"Dramatic is my middle name"

"You're changing the subject"

Nikki and Val both answered at the same time, they love doing that.

"I don't know what you want me to tell you" I said still smiling like an idiot, which is also known as the Brianna effect.

"Are you seeing someone?" Val asked with a soft voice even though I knew that this time she was seriously asking.

"You can trust in us, you can tell us everything" Nikki added, worried that I might have forgotten that.

I finished washing the last plate and turned to face them. I knew Brianna was right and that this wasn't the time to tell them everything about our relationship, but just as I didn't want to lie to Brianna's mom, I didn't want to lie to my friends either.