49. Romantic

I opened my eyes slowly, I took in a sharp breath and smiled involuntary at the so familiar scent that invaded my nose.

I moved a little without opening my eyes completely, I wanted to find Brianna and push her closer to me. I started patting the spot next to me for a few seconds, trying to find her body, and after a few more minutes, I came to the conclusion that she wasn't here anymore.

I groggily sat up in bed and squinted my eyes at my almost immaculate bedroom, I'm pretty sure that last night our clothes came out flying and we were too distracted to pick them up again, Brianna must have cleaned up. However, now she was nowhere in sight, what was the point in being awake then?

Instead of standing up and going to find her, my mind started remembering how much has changed since Brianna and I confessed that we love each other.

"I love you" Brianna said looking at me deeply in the eyes. "And I want to show you how much" she ended, and right ater her lips crashed on mine.

I shivered at the memory. Right after that happened, we spent so many hours showing how much we love each other, but we couldn't help but repeat those three words over and over again.

I couldn't hold my smile, there were somethings we still had to discuss about what we want our relationship to be, but I know we both want it to work so bad and that we love each other so much, that we are willing to make it work whatever it takes.

The sound of my apartment door opening got me out of my thoughts, I started hyperventilating and worrying that it might not be Brianna the one behind that door. What if Brianna forgot to close it? Nikki and Val were supposed to come over today and I already know how fond they are of invading my privacy. What if it was them?

Without thinking I stood up and run towards the bathroom, where I got in. It was better to argue that I was about to shower and that that was the reason why I was naked, my friends are nosy as hell.

A few seconds later, the door opened, and I heard the footsteps getting closer to my bedroom. I didn't make any noise as I hope for the other person to speak and identify themselves.

"Sofía? Are you here?" Brianna asked.

I let out a breath that I didn't know I was holding and got out of my hiding spot.

"I thought you weren't you" I explained, and Brianna laughed softly, oh how much I am loving that sound.

"So your first thought was to run naked to the bathroom?" She asked after giving me a long peck on the lips.

Embarrassed and red as a tomato I quickly looked down and realized that in fact as I already knew, I was naked.

Brianna laughed at my embarrassment, and I quickly started looking for what to wear. I had tons of things in my closet, but with Brianna watching intensely I couldn't seem to find something.

"Give me a show at least" Brianna teased, after I finally picked a dress and slipped in it.

"You lost that claim when you left without me" I said sarcastically, but with a hint of smile forming on my lips.

I wasn't really mad about that, but I've never, ever woken up with Brianna by my side. She always gets up first, and never wakes me up. So internally, that was something that I was longing to experience.

"I went to get us coffee, besides, we couldn't stay in bed all day, your friends will be here soon" she said giving me my cup of coffee.

"We could have made coffee together; I have one of those machines here" I said taking the cup from her hands. "You aren't romantic at all" I said rolling my eyes dramatically.