18. Rumors

I still had to survive half of the day in prison, and surviving Medusa's attacks was not easy, and yes, I'm back to calling her Medusa and calling High School a prison. It hurt less that way, we are no longer more than an extra mean teacher and an incredible and of course not mean in any way, student. However, today of all days we kept bumping into each other. If I went to the restroom, she was getting out of it, even while walking on the halls we came across each other. She always stared at me murderously and didn't even attempted to hide it. I don't have any strength for more games, so I just planted a fake smile on my face, while I rolled my eyes at her, but like mentally.

Val and Nikki stayed with me on the school backyard until I was okay, after that we started joking, they didn't asked what happened and I was grateful for it. I needed to calm down for the rest of the day, even though my anger levels were still pretty high.

In every class I had, I daydreamed while I stared at the board, no one noticed, I was good at faking. I couldn't get out of my head Brianna's childish attitude, she just snaped at me.

To be in a relationship of literary any kind, you gotta communicate. I can't handle her playing with me anymore, maybe she just liked the attention? Maybe that's all I was to her, a worshiper.

The bell rang signaling the end of the last class, I gathered my things quicky and headed for the parking lot to meet Nikki and Val. Thanks to my awesome girl squad and my amazing acting skills, no one else noticed how upset I was. Or that's what I thought.

"Hey Sofía, wait up" Percy said behind me.

"Hey" I said not in the mood to talk to anyone beside my two best friends.

"Um...I wanted to check up on you. You seamed upset earlier" he said scratching the back of his neck. "I saw you in the cafeteria, and how worried Nikki and Val were" he added.

"You noticed huh?"

"Yeah I did, but I don't think anyone else did, don't worry" he reassured.

"I had a problem with Medusa earlier, she kinda exploded and I couldn't take it" he shuddered when I said 'Medusa', Percy didn't like to call teachers by nicknames, he said it was disrespectful. However, he didn't call me out on it.

"She is though, Miss. Rotholo" he breathed out. "Wanna go for a milkshake?" he asked smiling and I couldn't help but to smile a little too.

"Come on, I know how much you love ice cream, which is almost an unhealthy love-" I gave him a look and he quickly stopped "But that's not the point, what I meant is that a milkshake is an evolved and improved form of ice crem" he said, and I must say I was pretty convinced right now, but I already had plans.

"I already have plans with Nikki and Val" I said, and I could swear that his face fell a little when I said it, but I couldn't quite figure it out why because he hid it quickly.

"Okay then, other time maybe" ha said looking around. When he saw Nikki and Val coming over, he crossed the distance between us and hugged me, then he added "Call if you need anything, for real" he smiled and then left.

"Bitch" Nikki said getting at my side, literally one second after Percy was gone.

"Don't think that because you are sad and upset, we are going to let that gossip go" Val added hugging me.

I laughed and followed them to Nicki's car, I didn't want to see Brianna anymore, not even by mistake. So I looked over at the sky and put our favorite song at maximum volume, I smiled at my friends and we started signing it, I breathed out. I'm a normal teenager, I told myself. I need that to sink in.