48. Those three words

To me it seemed like the elevator was stuck or something, it was moving so so slowly that I feared it would stop at any second now. I wouldn't be surprised if it suddenly got stuck and I couldn't get to Brianna, with my luck everything is possible.

However, when the metal doors opened in front of me, without thinking I continued my journey to Brianna's room. Heart beating faster and faster, I could feel a bright and warm energy irradiate from the tip of my fingers, all because of the expectation of what was going to be said in the next few minutes.

I eagerly knocked on Brianna's door, shifting my weight from one foot to another. Maybe I should have though in what to say before I ran to her room...having a prepared or at least thought speech could have helped me get rid of my increasing nerves; being honest, bringing her a bouquet of roses would have helped too.

I knocked again, seeing that I didn't had a response as quickly as I needed it. I swear to G-d that if Brianna is not here, I'm going to-

Before I had time to finish my most likely to be a clingy and needy thought, Brianna opened the door, her face held a mix of relief and surprise.

"What are you doing here?" she asked, looking at both directions in the hallway before stepping aside and allowing me to get into her room.

I stepped inside, heart beating frantically against my chest. I knew there wasn't a way out now, and neither I wanted one. I looked around trying to gain a few seconds to calm down my nerves, but Brianna had her eyes fixated on me the whole time.

"Listen, I don't know if you really believed any of the nonsense that the puppy said...or if you came here to defend her for that matter. But I don't want to argue with you about something that-" Brianna started, but I quickly cut her off by crossing the distance between us and pressing her lips on mine.

I didn't know what to say still, all I knew is that I wanted to show her how much she means to me. I want her to know that what I feel for her has never gone away, but instead it has grown.

I took her by surprise by kissing her, the kiss started as a passionate one that grew more and more heated by every second. I kissed her with everything I had, I explored every corner of her mouth while I kept gently pushing her incredibly closer to me.

"I actually need to breathe" Brianna said against my lips.

She and I both giggled at the very same time those words left her mouth, I reluctantly separated myself from her so she could breathe properly. Breathing is actually overestimated, I thought.

And even though she reciprocated the kiss, she eyed me warily. I was an open book for Brianna just as she was for me, so I'm sure she already knew that something was up.

"Not that I'm complaining, but what was that for?" she asked still a little breathlessly.

I haven't planed a speech, but I knew that I had to tell her about the Jen thing first, I didn't want anything to ruin what was I going to tell her after. So, I took a big breath and started to explain.

"I realized something about me, and you...but mostly me" I started. "And I came here because I can't run for my feelings any longer, and frankly, I don't want to" I took a step towards her and I paused, I could feel that romantic and magnetic spell that has surrounded us so many times start to form again.

"But first I have to tell you something else" I said continuing and breaking our romantic spell. Brianna tilted her head, and I could see a hint of worry in her eyes. "Jen kissed me" I said bluntly and closed my eyes briefly. I don't want to find out if she can really turn people into stone.