24. Don't get caught

Hey guys! The picture up there is the photo interpretation of Brianna's dress!

Also, I wanna give special thanks to @SumDumBitch for the idea of Brianna and Sofía dancing together in this chapter. Thank you a lot for supporting this story and for the amazing idea!
_____________________

"Dance with me"

Brianna's face showed complete and utter shock, her eyes were wide open, and her mouth kept opening and closing, like if she couldn't decide what to say.

Who looks like a fish now, huh? I laughed to myself.

"Before you say you can't, give me two minutes to do something. I'll be back so please don't go" I said smiling widely at the reactions I was getting from her.

She just looked at me confusedly and nodded, like still trying to read me but failing at it.

I walked away feeling proud of my accomplishments, I just left Brianna speechless. I'm betting that doesn't happen often.

I was smiling like an idiot when I reached my first victims, I never really wanted to be popular nor I was looking for it, but today I'm hoping being the prom queen pays off.

"Hey guys, you look great!" I said to a group of friends, there were four girls and four boys.

They seemed shocked that I was here talking to them, they looked at me with wide eyes and a hot minute passed before one of them could talk.

"Hi S-Sofía, y- you look great too, the greatest" One of the boys answered stuttering.

"Oh thanks, I'm still normal tho" I said shrugging the awkward compliment off and pretending I didn't notice the obvious sweat forming on his forehead.

"Wanna dance?" A girl butt in.

Brave. I'll give her points for that. I mean she still looks frightened but at least she asked.

"That's actually why I'm here" I said trying to sound as lovely and convincing as ever. "So, in my last school the students used to ask the teachers if they wanted to dance with them, like a way of saying thank you for letting us have this dance and to bond with them" I added, I'm praying to G-d rigth now, I need to sound convincing.

"I know it sounds weird the first time you hear about it, but it's actually really cool" I said still smiling like my life depended on it. "So I was wondering if you'll help me with that?"

The group of friends looked at each other uneasy, they were still afraid of talking to me or they didn't like my idea?

"And you guys look cool so that's why I came to you instead than my friends, I'm having a party in a few days and I'm still trying to decide who to invite, just cool people obviously" I added trying to sound smooth.

I was trying to manipulate those eight individuals, I knew it but they probably don't because as soon as I implied inviting them to my inexistent party, their eyes shinned.

"Of course, we are cool, we'll do it" The girl that asked me to dance answered, I like her.

"Great, I don't want to take all the credit from you so why don't you go and announce it on the microphone, and I'll follow your lead" I said quickly because I was trying to run away before they could process my instructions and my much obvious manipulation.

"Y- you fo- f- follow our lead?" Another girl asked looking at me and then rapidly looking at the floor.

"Yes, just smile and say what I told you before, about saying thanks to them and all of that" I am the worst. "I'll ask Miss. Rotholo out since she is the most likely to shout our operation out" I said giggling.