32. My in-laws

"I didn't do that" Brianna hissed, glaring at me.

"What, you don't believe me?" I said putting her plate in front of her. G-d and cooking skills just don't fail me now.

"I'm sure I didn't make a toast in the bar and proposed to you, I'm also sure I didn't fight eight guys to save your honor because they said you were pretty" Brianna said aggressively grabbing her fork. "It was a gay bar" she added rolling her eyes.

I burst out laughing, I couldn't hold it anymore.

"Fine none of that happen" I said whipping my tears.

"I already knew that" Brianna said still stern. Who is she trying to fool? Her life without me would be boring.

"But you did say something about you being a bottom" I added as a joke.

I didn't expect the reaction I got next, Brianna suddenly jumps from her seat, I knew she had a headache, but she didn't seem to care much about it right now. She went to stand in front of me, I was still seated so I had to look up to her to see her clearly.

I expected her soft lips to kiss mine, she got close to my face but instead of kissing me she said "You wanting me to be a bottom is making me the most toxic top that ever existed" she stated.

"Now be a good host and stop talking" Brianna said taking a step back and going back to her seat.

"Ok, but you know what you also said?" I asked trying to joke again, Brianna groaned annoyed, and I couldn't help but laugh again.

***

"You don't have to go, I already studied a lot with you, I'll pass this test" I said to Brianna after breakfast.

"I'm counting on it" she said after she rearranged her hair into a messy bun.

"So, you're not leaving?" I said hopeful.

"I told you that my mom wanted to have a weekend trip with my brother and I, I've got to get ready" she answered.

"Oh, my future mother-in-law, say hi to her from me" I said smiling like an idiot.

"What are you going to do? Since you're not studying anymore, even though you should"

"I don't know, Nikki is probably with Jeremiah and Val must be on the phone with Emma...also I don't want you to kill me, so Percy is off limits" I said shrugging my shoulders. "I haven't got depressed in a while, I could do that" I added.

"You better don't, I can't tell if you're joking or not" she said shaking her head.

Then I accompanied her to the door and saw her leave, I'm going to miss her.

I didn't have time to process my thoughts, because as soon as Brianna left my phone light up with the name "Mom" showing, I didn't hesitate and answered right away.

"Mom!" I said excited.

"Hi honey, I'm here with your father. How are you?" My mom asked.

"Hi Sofía!" My dad said right after.

"Hey dad, I'm doing good. How are you guys? Everything's ok? You don't usually...call me" I said trying to avoid sounding accusatory.

"Yeah, everything's ok, but we didn't get a response to our last email so we were worried" Mom said.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot to check my emails this week, but it won't happen again" I answered.

"It better won't, anyways, I'll get to the point right away because we are about to get into another meeting" My dad said hurriedly. "Kate's father called me last night, he says that Kate is depressed, they don't know what else to do...you should call her" he added.