let's freak out over something that is totally not worth it [Frank]

Start from the beginning

"Oh no, don't throw that shit at us," Gerard protested and shoved a spoon full of chocolate ice cream in my hand, "you're all in your head like me and that's dumb. I know that first hand so stop."

"Yeah, and tell us what the fuck happened," Mikey added and stole my spoon.

Hey! First they interrogated me on now my chocolate! I snatched my spoon right back (and ignored the look they exchanged over my head) and sighed again. I was sighing decidedly too much today. "The date was fine. Frank's a sweetheart and he was cute and very gentleman-y."

"And?" Gerard prompted after I had stopped talking.

Ugh. Okay. "What if I fuck up the band with that?"

"Huh?" Mikey stop looking so confused. No, wait, Gerard gave me the same look. Did I have to spell out everything for them?

"What if we get together and everything's fine but then we're not? Like, we start dating and get into this huge fight and then it fucks up your band and I don't want to be the reason for that because it's your life but what if it goes so painfully wrong and one of us is the reason and you have to choose sides and beside the date was supposed to go horrible and-"

"Woah stop," Gerard clasped a hand over my mouth to stop me from freaking out further while Mikey brought the ice cream to safety.

Priorities, Mikes. At least that thought brought me back down to stop rambling. "But-"

"Nope," Mikey stared me down until I stayed silent.

Gerard took over from there. "It was a date, Y/N. And if it went well, awesome! But please stop thinking so far, it's gonna spoil every fun of it. Frankie obviously likes you and you like him just as much. You're good together and I honestly can't imagine you to ever break up. And- no, I'm talking right now- you won't fuck up the band. We went through enough shit together to be able to live through a break up, even if our little sister is involved."

How was Gerard always able to get me to stop freaking out? That fucker was some kind of wizard. "Are you sure?"

"Frankie would die for another date with you," Mikey assured with a pained face, "believe me, he told me that often enough."

We settled into a relatively calm silence, munching away at the tub of ice cream. Gerard had his arm around my shoulder and let me lean into his side while Mikey was typing away on his phone.

That silence got interrupted by Gerard's phone. Upon checking, he mouthed 'Frank' and shot me a questioning look. I nodded so he took the call.

"Gee, I think I fucked up," Frank said without bothering for a hello. Not that he ever did.

"What do you mean?" Gerard asked. Now, all three of us were listening intently.

We could hear a whine from the other end and a 'thump' as if he had fallen down on something. "I really thought that it was okay, like she even laughed at my stupid jokes and you know how bad they are. But then she shut the door in my face. Bet she felt too sorry for me to even reject me. What do I do now?"

Uh oh. Gerard gave me a told-you-so-look but answered Frank calmly. "First of all you relax. It isn't as bad as you think it is, I'm sure."

"How?" The word was muffled as if Frank was speaking with his head in a pillow.

Mikey looked up from his phone to shove me in the ribs and give Gerard's phone a very pointed look. Yeah, no, Gerard was going pretty well here, no need for me to say something.

But Gerard was now giving me the same look, all while reassuring Frank. Asshole. "She's my sister, remember? She's probably freaking out just like you."

"But-"

"Y/N, free the poor guy from his misery," Mikey groaned loudly enough for Frank to hear.

He got rewarded by two choked noises, one from me and one from the phone.

"Fuck you Mikey," I hissed.

Mikey grinned and Gerard thruster his phone into my face. Fuck you. I took it and made a beeline for the toilet. I would not have this conversation in front of my brothers.

"Hey," I whispered, suddenly shy.

"Look Y/N, we don't have to do this," Frank said before I could do anything. He sounded so defeated. I never wanted that.

Before I could think too much about it, I blurted out, "But I want to."

"Wait what?"

"I want to date you, Frankie," I clarified.

If I would be standing in front of him, I would probably see the weight drop from his shoulders. At least the noise he made indicated that. "Rad! So I can take you to the movies tomorrow? They're showing a saw rerun."

"If you want me to hide in your sweater the whole time, sure," I laughed.

"That was the plan, Darlin'," I could feel Frank's smirk.

"You two finally made up?" Gerard shouted from the other side of the door.

"Fuck you!" I shouted back, "and you sneaky bastard, pick me up at five."

"Deal."

---

Woah, the end was shit. Anyway, I had this idea for months floating through my head (it was inspired by that one episode of Bones, you know the show?) and finally finished it. I know it's more a Mikey and Gerard story but our love interest here is Frank so yeah.

Oh, and if anyone was actually wondering, I'm 17

Love you guys and stay safe 💜