FORTY FIVE

» [slow down- chase atlantic] «
0:48 ─〇───── -2:43
⇄   ◃◃   ⅠⅠ   ▹▹   ↻
VOLUME: ▁▂▃▄▅▆▇ 100%

"Evie, where are you going?" Jack questioned as he watched the girl frantically run out of her office. His hand gripped her bicep and pulled her back inside, closing the door behind him.

"I need to talk to an old friend." Evelyn whispered as she looked up at him.

Jack allowed his fingers to trail down her arms and link their hands together. His thumb ran over her knuckles and he rested his head against hers.

"I know this can't be easy for you, darling-"

Evelyn didn't even let Jack finish his sentence, her hand cupped the back of his neck and pulled him down to connect their lips. Jack's eyes widened for a moment, but he gripped her waist tightly and pulled her into his chest.

His hands gripped the back of her thighs, causing her to wrap her legs around his torso. He slowly walked her back to the desk, gently placing her down.

Their lips moved in perfect sync, her fingers tangled in his hair, pulling him as close as possible. Her lips tasted like vanilla, her kisses were so addictive and he never wanted them to stop. His hands slowly raised her skirt, causing her to quietly gasp against his lips.

Jack let out a low chuckle, slowly kissing down the girls jaw and towards her neck. Evelyn let out a small moan at the contact of his lips against the sweet spot of her neck. Jack pulled away and looked at the girl with a cocky smirk. His hand cupped her cheeks, his thumb running over her bottom lip and twanging lit slightly.

"What was that for?" Jack questioned a little breathlessly.

Evelyn's lips parted as she looked up to Jack. She wanted to say something so desperately, but she could barely even utter a word. All she did in response as allow her hands to fall to his chest and grip the shirt he was wearing.

"Darling?" Jack whispered, leaning closer to her, making Evelyn snap out of her daze and allow a blush to form on her cheeks.

"Don't hurt her." Evelyn whispered resting her head against Jack's chest. "She didn't do it, Jackie. She didn't hurt anyone. She didn't do anything wrong."

Jack's hand cupped the back of the girls head. He pressed his lips against her forehead, closing his eyes and just holding her close. Evelyn remained silent and just listen to the steady beating of Jack's heart.

"I know you care about her." Jack whispered, causing Evelyn to grip onto him tighter. "I know she's like your family, Evie. I won't hurt her, but we do needed to know what she knows."

His fingers began combing through her brown hair, causing her to hum in response. She understood that they needed to know what Peggy knew. But that didn't mean that she had to come to any harm.

"Promise me you won't do anything to hurt her." Evelyn looked up at Jack. The man slowly connected their lips together once again before whispering,

"I promise." He paused. "Now, where we're you rushing off too?"

"I needed to see an old friend. I promised her we would go out for coffee and I completely forgot." Evelyn lied, she hated lying but she couldn't exactly tell him that she was going to go and find Jarvis so that he could help Peggy get out of this mess.

Jack nodded understandingly and took a small step back, offering out his hand to help the girl off of the desk. Evelyn placed her hand in his and jumped down, quickly smoothening out her dress and smiling up to Jack.

"Bring me back a slice of lemon pie?" Jack questioned softly, tucking a piece of Evelyn's hair behind her ear.

"Anything for you, Lieutenant." Evelyn responded, tugging on his blazer and fastening the button.

"You're too good to me, darling." Jack whispered, pressing a kiss against the corner of her lips. "Go on, don't want to keep your friend waiting."

Evelyn nodded and quickly left the building and headed towards The Dublin House, on 79th Street. She remembered that Peggy had told Jarvis to meet her there, but that was before she was arrested by the SSR.

"Miss Barnes, what are you doing here?" Jarvis questioned as he stopped his packing once he saw the girl.

"It's Peggy. She's being arrested by the SSR." Evelyn panted, she had ran the whole way there, she didn't have time to wait for a cab or wait for the subway. She needed Jarvis's help and fast. Although, now she was in pain with her wound, so it probably wasn't the best idea. "She needs your help, Eddie."

Jarvis looked shocked at the fact that someone had asked for his help rather than him offering to help them. He liked it, so he wasn't about to complain. It made him feel like he was important and valuable.

"Righty-o. Let's go and help Miss Carter then." Jarvis quickly ran his hands over his suit and held his head up tall as he walked out of the building.

Evelyn stifled a giggle at the odd man. No matter how strange he was or could be, she wouldn't change a thing about him. He was always there for her whenever she needed him and more than willing to help her with anything.

"I can't be seen with you. If I am, I lose there trust, which is something I think could be extremely valuable." Evelyn spoke up, making Jarvis stop in his tracks. "I'm trusting you to do this one alone, Eddie."

The brunette walked up to the man and lightly tapped his chest, after seeing his shocked facial expression, she couldn't help but let out a laugh.

"You've got this, and I've got to go to a café to find a slice of lemon pie for Agent Thompson." Evelyn announced as she rocked back and forth on her heels. "Wait a while, if you come now, it will be suspicious. Give it an hour or so." Jarvis slowly nodded. "See you soon, Eddie."