NINETEEN

» [mr loverman-ricky montgomery] «
0:48 ─〇───── -2:48
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻
VOLUME: ▁▂▃▄▅▆▇ 100%

"I can see why he hired you. You're smart, cool-headed, extremely loyal, which is surprising," Jack paused hesitantly. "considering you were charged with treason."

Evelyn noticed the way that Jarvis' face fell. She closed her eyes and let go of a heavy sigh, desperately just wanting to help the man. She looked across to Peggy almost pleadingly, hoping that she would do something to help him.

"There you go. Stay on him." Cheif Dooley encouraged, despite Jack not being able to hear him.

"Oh, yeah. It's right here. There's not much in there." Jack slowly stood up and began placing across the room. "But seeing as whatever you did's been swept under a rug, I'm guessing it's a big green one made of Stark money, hmm?"

He sat down on the table beside Jarvis. His heart was racing at the idea of Evelyn finding out that he brought up Jarvis' treason. He could only imagine how upset with him she would be.

"So, you dodged the treason conviction." Jack sarcastically clapped. "But you couldn't get out of the dishonorable discharge. Well, I guess money can't buy everything. This looks bad." He pause. "Bad to every good man who ever served, bad to your friends, neighbors."

Jack stood up once again before walking to stand behind Jarvis. He placed his hands down on Jarvis' shoulders and leant down muttering,

"And to the fine folks at the office of immigration." Evelyn's eyes filled with tears at the mention of immigration. "Yeah, I'm putting that on the table. That'll be a fun conversation to have with the wife. Yeah?"

She couldn't believe this was the card that Jack had decided to play. He knew that Jarvis was her friend, someone she cared for deeply and he was threatening him with immigration.

"'Honey, pack a bag. Spot of bother. We're being deported.'" Jack said imitating Jarvis. "You know what? Let's get her on the phone. I'll tell her myself."

"You leave my wife out of this." There was nothing and nobody that Jarvis cared more about than his wife.

Ana was his whole world, Jarvis would do anything to protect her. Evelyn knew that she was his only weakness, other than that, he would protect Howard until his last dying breath.

"You dragged her into it when you broke the law with your boss. You pay, she pays." Jack leant against the wall with a cocky smirk.

"He's about to fold." Chief Dooley said smugly as he leant on the desk in anticipation.

Evelyn began to anxiously pick at her nail polish, she looked up to Chief Dooley with a questioning brow raise as she said,

"And admit what? He's an innocent man."

"If I had my way, damn near everything. This guy washes Stark's underwear. He knows." Chief Dooley responded as he looked down to the blue eyed girl.

Evelyn looked towards Peggy desperately, neither of them wanted to see Jarvis in trouble. They both cared for the man. He was important to them. Every time Evelyn got close to someone, they always ended up getting hurt.

"Hey, it's just getting good." Sousa announced as Peggy stood up to leave.

"I should get back to my station." Peggy uttered as she made a swift exit.

"I'm sure the last thing you want is to put Ana on a plane and have to explain why." Jack muttered, causing Evelyn to shake her head in disappointment.