SEVENTEEN

» [cant help falling in love-christian leave] «
0:48 ─〇───── -1:27
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻
VOLUME: ▁▂▃▄▅▆▇ 100%

"Jack." Evelyn reached out for the man's arm as his hand found the way to the door handle of the interrogation room.

Jack instantly span around on his heel to face the girl, she seemed in a state of panic and worry. He watched as she anxiously chewed her bottom lip, probably wondering how to say whatever it was that she wanted to say.

"Don't hurt him." Evelyn whispered. It was so quiet that he almost missed it. "The Jarvis' they mean a lot to me, they were there for me when Bucky died. I know you don't owe me anything but-"

Evelyn let out a frustrated sigh, she knew that she couldn't tell him what to do. After all he would do what needed to be done to get to the truth. She understood that, but she hated the idea of Jarvis being hurt. He was a good man, with only good intentions, he didn't deserve that.

"He's a good man, that I can promise you, please just don't hurt him like you did Mr Van Ert." Her bottom lip quivered as she spoke. Miles was still covered in dark purple bruises and Jack's knuckles were slowly healing.

Jack's gaze softened as he looked down at the girl, his hand found it's way to her cheek and watched as she nuzzled closer to his palm. She placed her hand over his, linking their fingers slightly. He'd do anything for the girl, so if she didn't want him to physically hurt Jarvis, then he wouldn't.

"Anything for you." Jack whispered, resting his head against Evelyn's for a moment. He watched as her lips curled upwards, causing him to smile himself. "Go on, I'm sure you have a line of agents waiting to see you."

The girl pulled away and looked up at the man through her lashes. Jack offered her a closed lip smile before pressing his lips against her forehead. He didn't miss the way that she blushed at the action, causing him to have to bite back a smirk.

"Go on, I have an appointment soon, right?" Jack questioned teasingly, knowing full well that he never had an appointment, usually The Chief just told him to go and see Evelyn.

"Of course, J, your usual time is 11:30 sharp." Evelyn whispered, watching as Jack took a small step back. He shrugged off his blazer and wrapped it around her shoulders.

"Feel free to wait at my desk if you don't have anyone to see." Jack lightly tapped the girls nose.

Evelyn nodded with a small thankful smile before heading towards her office. She offered a wave towards the agents sat at their desk, which she got back in return.

"Yauch, what about you? Told my gal I'd take her to a show. Cover my shift tonight." Krzeminski turned to face Evelyn. "Thanks for the tickets by the way, I appreciate that." He shot her a playful wink.

"I can't swing it. Why don't you ask Carter?" Yauch responded, smirking towards Evelyn. He hated the night shift, which she knew.

Evelyn playfully tapped her nose, saying that she wouldn't say a word to the man. The girl had managed to get Yauch off the next couple of night shifts, mainly because he wanted to spend time with his girlfriend.

"Right. Dooley would kill me if I let a lady take nights." Krzeminski uttered and as if on queue Peggy walked in. "Besides, she can barely make her own shift. Work day starts at 9:00 A.M., honey."

Peggy waved at Evelyn, scrunching her nose up slightly as she smiled. It wasn't the first time they'd seen one another today, but they had to act like it was so that nobody got suspicious. Peggy noticed that she was wearing Jack's blazer again, it hung loosely off her shoulders but she noticed how happy it made Evelyn.

"Tell me, Agent Krzeminski, who are you bringing to the show?" Peggy paused. "Your wife or your girlfriend?" Yauch laughed at Peggy's quick response.

Evelyn's eyes widened slightly, standing up straight and making her way over to Krzeminski. She placed her hand on his bicep and looked up to him anxiously.

"You have both?" She questioned naively. Krzeminski hummed in response, smoothing out his blazer as he looked down at the girl. "The thing is, I may have spoken to your wife."

"Oh God, Doc, what did you do?" Krzeminski questioned nervously. He was planning on taking his girlfriend to the show, not his wife.

Everyone watched in anticipation to see what Evelyn would say next. Peggy had to bite down on her bottom lip to prevent herself from laughing at the situation, unlike Yauch who had just burst out laughing.

"I may or may not have been talking to your wife about the show and hinted that you were going to take her." Evelyn whispered honestly. She bumped into her on the street and had a small conversation as Mrs Krzeminski announced that she was going to buy tickets for the very show that he was going to take her too.

Krzeminski groaned in response, running his hand over his hand over his face frustratedly. He tasked Evelyn with getting the tickets because he didn't want to queue up at a ticket box that was filled with a line of girls. He didn't tell her to talk to his wife.

No matter how much he was frustrated with her actions, he couldn't be mad at the girl. There was just something about Evelyn that no matter how upset you were, you just couldn't stay angry at her.

"I'm sorry, if I had know about your-" Evelyn hesitated for a moment. "-situation, I wouldn't have said anything."

Krzeminski chuckled despite the situation not being funny to him in the slightest. He didn't know how he would explain this to his girlfriend, who had pleaded for him to take her to the show. He nodded his head and said,

"Excuse me for a moment, I have to go and make a few calls."