FORTY TWO

» [if you could be anywhere- tom felton] «
0:48 ─〇───── -1:35
⇄   ◃◃   ⅠⅠ   ▹▹   ↻
VOLUME: ▁▂▃▄▅▆▇ 100%

"Miss Martinelli. Federal agents. We have some questions for you." Jack shouted as he knocked on Angie's door. "Miss Martinelli, open up." Jack repeated as he knocked on the door harder.

"Oh. You don't look like Federal agents." Angie muttered as they just allowed themselves into her room.

Her eyes landed on the familiar brunette, they hadn't ever met but Peggy had told her all about Evelyn Bernadette Barnes. It was the one thing that she actually opened up about. Peggy had showed Angie a photo of Evelyn, which is the only reason that she recognised the girl.

"We're with the Strategic Scientific Reserve." Sousa corrected, not even bothering to pay the girl the slightly bit of attention.

"Well, I'm with the Queens County 4H. Now take it down the hall." Angie suggested with a small chuckle.

Evelyn could already tell that Angie was anxious. She assumed that it was just because they were agents, but part of her thought it might be because she knew about Peggy's whereabouts.

"I suggest you take them seriously, Miss Martinelli. Miss Carter is not who she appears to be. She has defaced the very walls of this institution." Miriam was visibly upset and Evelyn had to bite back a laugh.

Evelyn head over to the window to take a quick look outside, which seemed to spark a panic within Angie. Peggy quickly brought her finger up to her lips, telling Evelyn to stay quite, which she did. She trusted Peggy, she knew that she didn't kill anyone.

"Mother Hen here says you're friends with Peggy Carter." Jack questioned as he watched Evelyn close the window and continue to look around. He didn't want to let her out of his sight.

"Yeah, we're friendly." Angie shrugged, not taking her eyes off of Evelyn. She didn't know whether she would spill about Peggy or not.

"She ever tell you about her work?" Sousa questioned as Evelyn made her way to stand beside Jack.

His arm instantly snaked around her waist and she rested her head on his shoulder. She hated that they were searching for Peggy. Now, she knew exactly where she was and if they decided to check out of the window again, they'd arrest her too. Not only that, but she'd lose Jack's trust as well as him.

"At the phone company? Just the usual stuff. Complained about her fathead male co-workers a lot." Angie shrugged, making Evelyn giggle. "She mentions a nice female co-worker or two. Angie playfully winked towards Evelyn, who smiled in response.

"She keep weird hours, stay out late, bring guys over?" Jack questioned, his fingers now tracing patterns on the girls hip.

Evelyn looked up at Jack through her lashes, her legs nearly buckling from his touch. She closed her eyes momentarily and just enjoyed the way his fingers felt tracing patterns against her skin. His fingers were gentle over her still healing wound, but the light tickle felt nice and comforting.

"Of course not. Curfew's at 10:00. No guys above the lobby." Angie smiled, knowing that if she said anything against Miriam's rules, she would be kicked out.