ONE

» [glitter&gold- barns courtney] «
0:48 ─〇───── -2:07
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻
VOLUME: ▁▂▃▄▅▆▇ 100%

Evelyn looked up to see Jack as he stormed into her office, he seemed frustrated, so clearly something hadn't gone his way. The brunette motioned for him to take a seat, which he did and angrily let out a sigh, running his hand over his face.

Jack remained silent as his leg bobbed up and down, he looked around the room waiting for her to say something, but the longer that she was silent, the longer he would be.

He turned to face her and raised his brows at her, she was supposed to be the SSR's therapist, she was supposed to help them-

-to help him.

But no matter what, he was always the first to talk whenever he entered the room with her. She never asked him questions, she never even bothered to asked him what was wrong.

And now that he thought about it, she was a shit therapist.

The brunette looked down at her freshly painted red nails with a small smile on her face. Evelyn leant back in her seat, crossing her legs as she smiled towards Jack.

The man clenched his jaw and slung his arm around the back of the couch, he slouched back and let out a frustrated groan. He watched as Evelyn pursed her lip and raised her brows.

The pair both just stared at one another, they were both too stubborn to talk first but in the end, Jack always folded like a cheap suit.

"You're a shitty therapist, Evie." Jack blurted, making her just shrug in response.

"Will all due respect, Agent, you're not the one who hired me, so your opinion does not matter to me." Evelyn slowly stood up from her seat and made her way over to the small table behind her. She grabbed her cup and filled it to the brim with coffee. "Want one?" She smiled sweetly as she offered the blonde man a cup of coffee.

"No." Jack shook his head, watching the girls movement. She grabbed two biscuits and sat back down across from him. "The Chief sent me to see you."

It happened every day like clockwork, Jack would get annoyed at one of the other agents, or someone they were interrogating wasn't cooperating and Chief Dooley would send him to go and see the girl.

Jack claimed that it was the worst part of his day, but truthfully, he enjoyed just sitting down and taking the time to himself.

"What did you do now?" Evelyn questioned, taking a bite out of her biscuit. Jack scoffed in response, she always assumed that it was him in the wrong. Normally because it was, but that was beside the point.

"I'm not talking to you about it. I don't even see the point in me being sent here." Jack uttered in response. The Chief always sent him to see Evelyn and every time he was adamant that he wouldn't say anything and every time he was wrong.

"Okay." Evelyn nodded. "But last time you said that, you ended up telling me about your time at Cornell University and the bar fights that you used to get into."

Jack clenched his jaw and rolled his eyes. He never meant to confide in the girl, he just always found it safe to open up to her. Although, he did wonder how she managed to remember every detail about him, especially since she never took notes.

"I have all day, Agent Thompson. We can wait here as long as you'd like." Evelyn shrugged, taking a sip of her coffee and leaving a red lipstick print on the side of the white cup.

"You might, but some of us have actual work to do." Jack responded snappily as he shrugged off his blazer.

Evelyn watched as he unbuttoned the cuffs on his shirt and rolled up the sleeves. She watched his body movement carefully, he was tense, usually how he got when a fellow agent pissed him off, not when an interrogation had gone wrong.

She pursed her lips and narrowed her eyes. She looked out of the window in her room which out looked the agent's office. Krzeminski kept trying to sneak a glance into the office, making the brunette smile and wave at him. Krzeminski quickly turned around and avoid eye contact.

Evelyn let out a small giggle before going to shut the blinds so that Jack felt as if he could talk in private. Jack allowed his eyes to flicker over the girls body, the skirt she wore hugged her waist nicely. He ran his tongue over his bottom lip and tried to snap himself out of his daze.

"So, Krzeminski?" She raised her brows, taking a seat once again. She tried to suppress a smirk as she watched Jack check her out.

"I never said it was him." Jack shook his head as he blushed.

"You didn't have too." Evelyn whispered, scrunching up her nose as she spoke. Jack would be lying if he said he didn't find the small action adorable.

He ran his hand over his stubble and nodded. The girl was good at figuring out what pissed him off, he'd give her that. But she wasn't like any usual therapist, that much was for sure.

"It's Krzeminski, isn't it? He gets on my nerves." Jack shrugged, making the girl nod in response but remain silent. "Alright, alright. He was making a joke about how he can get two girls and I can't even get one."

Jack leant forward at the same time as Evelyn did, his eyes flickered to her lips slightly. He leant across the table and grabbed her cup filled with coffee before cockily taking a sip.

"He damaged my ego."

"I'm sure he did, Agent." Evelyn nodded, although Jack was trying to play it off as a joke, she knew that he was actually being completely honest with her.

What Krzeminski had said, did damage his ego, it upset and angered him, mainly because it was true.

Jack was a ladies man that much was for certain, but no matter what, he'd never been in a relationship for longer than two weeks. Something about relationships seemed oddly daunting, so he tried to stay clear from them as much as he could.