TWENTY EIGHT

» [boogie woogie bugle boy-the Andrew's sisters] «
0:48 ─〇───── -1:55
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻
VOLUME: ▁▂▃▄▅▆▇ 100%

Evelyn smiled towards her brother as she linked her arm with his. He and Steve were on a double date and Bucky insisted that she came along so that she could go dancing.

He knew how much she loved dancing.

Plus, he'd be there to watch over her and make sure that no man treat her with no respect. He would happily start a fight if it meant protecting his sister. Most of the fights Bucky got into was because of Evelyn or Steve. If he got in a fight himself, he would simply just walk away.

"I don't see what the problem is." Bucky announced as he looked across to Steve. "You're about the best the last eligible man in New York. You know there's three and a half million women here?"

"Well, I'd settle for just one." Steve uttered, earning a sympathetic smile from Evelyn.

She loved the boys with all her heart. They were her family and she would do anything for them without having to think twice.

"Good thing I took care of that." Bucky smirked as he waved towards Bonnie and Connie.

"Hey Bucky!" Bonnie shouted as she waved back to the man.

The colour from Steve's face drained as he saw the pretty blonde stood beside Bucky's date. Evelyn turned to look up to her brother to see if he had notice.

"What did you tell her about me?" Steve questioned nervously.

"Only the good stuff." Bucky reassured his best friend before unlinking his arm from Evelyn and going to kiss Bonnie's cheek. "You don't leave my sight today." He pointed warningly towards his sister.

A cheeky smile formed on Evelyn's face and she shook her head. Last time Bucky took her dancing with him, she snook off with some fella. Bucky wasn't impressed at all.

"Welcome to the Modern Marvels Pavilion and the World of Tomorrow." The man spoke over the PA. "A greater world. A better world."

Evelyn hung back with Steve, her arm link with his as Bucky's date held his hand. And Connie kept close with Bonnie. The girl looked around in awe, if this was their future she was certainly fascinating.

"Oh my God. It's starting." Bonnie announced as she pulled Bucky and Connie with her towards Howard Stark's expedition.

"Ladies and gentlemen. Mr Howard Stark." The announcer spoke as she motioned to the side of the stage.

Bucky grabbed Evelyn's arm and pulled her in front of him slightly. Both the Barnes siblings were fascinated by science. They constantly had their head stuck in a book trying to learn new things.

Howard made his way onto the stage before kissing the announcer, causing Bucky to cover Evelyn's eyes. Evelyn pulled Bucky's hand away from her face and shot him a glare.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, what if I told you that in just a few short years, your automobile won't even have to touch the ground at all?" Howard smirked, his eyes scanning the audience until they landed on the pretty brunette.

Evelyn was fascinated to see if the car would actually fly. She assessed the way that Howard was stood, the way that he looked so cocky. That was when she made her mind up that the car wouldn't fly, and it would be on purpose so he could make some lame joke.

"Yes, thanks Mandy." Howard smiled towards the announcer as she and three other girls took the wheels off of the cars. "With Stark Gravitic Reversion Technology, you'll be able to do just that." He then clicked a few buttons and the car began to float.

Bucky repeatedly hit Evelyn's arms, part of him thought that he was just seeing things. Nobody could make a car fly. Evelyn turned around and punched the man's bicep, getting annoying at the repeated hits that she was taking.

"Holy cow." Bucky muttered as he held his arm where the girl hit him. Despite only being small she certainly knew how to pack a punch. He was proud to say that he taught her how.

Howard motioned to his flying car with a smug smirk. Evelyn looked up at Bucky as the car began to spark and instinctively, he pulled her behind him as the car fell back onto the stage.

"I did say a few years, didn't I?" Howard said raising his brow as he leant on the car.

"I knew it." Evelyn whispered, she looked towards Bucky, who still seemed occupied by Howard and his flying car, so she took it as her perfect opportunity to sneak off.

Evelyn slowly made her way up the stairs that lead towards the stage, she made sure to stay behind the curtains so that nobody saw her. She watched as Howard made his way off the stage and towards her.

"So, what did you think?" Howard questioned as he motioned to the car.

"I think you knew that it was going to fail." Evelyn said in a sweet tone, her fingers playing the the hem of her cardigan. "I think that you made it fail on purpose."

Howard seemed shocked at her accusations. He placed his hand over his heart before stepping forward with a smirk.

"You're a smart one, aren't you?" He questioned in a hushed whisper. "The real ones at home, works perfect. Not that the worlds ready to see that yet." He brought his hand up and tucked some of her hair behind her ear. "So, sweetheart, what are you doing here tonight?"

"My brother and our friend were going to take me dancing." Evelyn responded honestly. "You're a smart man, Mr Stark, you shouldn't hide away your inventions. Lord knows with this war we could need them."

Evelyn slowly began to back away from Howard, causing him to furrow his brows in confusion. He wanted to know more about her, she seemed interesting. Evelyn pursed her lips and allowed a coy smile to form on her face as she said,

"I'm Evelyn Bernadette Barnes, you'll do well to remember that name."