-IDIOT BROTHERS-

Começar do início

"She couldn't find you anywhere! She was close to tears!" Rose insisted. She looked down and then back up to the boys. "Go back to your common room or you'll miss curfew."

"Can you boss us around if you aren't a prefect?" Asked Ron witfully, giving Rose a cocky look. Rose glared playfully at him.

"Go!" Rose boomed, a small smile as Ron and Harry walked past her. "And talk to Hermione!" She reminded them.

Rose, George, and Fred were left alone in the hallway, the latter sending side-glances at Rose.

"Are we just gonna stand here and look like idiots?" Rose asked the twins but directed her gaze on George who gave a strained laugh. . . but they didn't respond.

Rose looked sideways and bit her lip. Fred looked the other way and cracked his knuckles.

"OK, both of you, talk!" George's loud voice filled the corridor so loudly that Rose shrieked and a light besides her exploded into sparks.

"Bloody hell, George!" Rose boomed. "Don't scream like that!"

"Well I'm sorry but the two of you are driving me mad!" George thundered. "All this bickering and fighting is making it hard to side or give an opinion with either of you!

"Both of you were right at some point and both of you were wrong at some point too! But now, both of you are being too stubborn to just apologize!" George's tone grew to disapproving, he turned to Rose. "Rosie, what Fred said was horrible and he probably will regret it for the rest of his life, but you can't blame him for being hurt after you didn't tell him about whatever you and Pucey are, quite honestly, I was stung that you didn't trust us enough."

Rose looked down ashamed, she had thought that the reason why Fred had yelled at her was because he was hurt, but she never imagined she had hurt George too. 

George then turned to Fred. "And Fred, I understand why you felt hurt and untrustworthy, but you shouldn't've snapped at Rose, especially when you had the advantage to say things that you personally knew that would hurt her."

"And now both of you," George signaled to Fred and Rose who were avoiding each other's gaze. "Are avoiding each other like the bloody plague! The whole holiday, if I wanted to talk to either of you, I had to go to a different room because you refused to look at each other in the face! Fred, you apologized so many times to Rose that even Percy told you to stop! Didn't you ever think that maybe what Rose needed after your argument was space?"

Fred looked down, his ears growing red.

"Rose," George added, "You were so angry that you rathered spend days inside the house without your brother because Harry and Ron spended most of their time with us and you didn't want to be near Fred!" 

Rose looked down. 

"I didn't not tell you because I found you untrustworthy," Rose breathed softly as she looked up to both Fred and George. "I didn't tell you about Adrian because I know that you don't trust me."

"What?" George asked, surprised.

"You don't trust me," Rose admitted, sighing. "I've noticed how whenever I get angry you look at my surroundings in hope that I haven't lit anything on fire. Every time I come back from the muggles you ask very specific questions in hopes that I haven't finally snapped. I don't know why, but I know that you don't trust me."

"Rose, we-" Fred began but Rose interrupted.

"I don't blame you, you know?" Rose added. "If I were friends with an elemental who happens to be hiding who she truly is from the rest of the world I probably wouldn't trust me either. I didn't tell you about Adrian because I wanted to prove that I can be trustworthy, not only with secrets, but with my powers too. I wanted to prove that I am as normal as the lot of you."

"We trust you, Rosie, we really do," assured George, placing a hand on her shoulder. "We're sorry we couldn't prove that."

Rose smiled gratefully at George and then turned her head to Fred softly.

"Why?" She asked.

"Pardon?"

"Why did you get so upset over a picture?" Rose explained, her eyes growing curious. "I was so busy being angry at you that I never stopped to wonder the reason for your reaction."

Fred made a quick eye contact with George before taking a deep breath and looking Rose dead in the eye.

 "I was angry," admitted Fred. Rose tilted her head. "I was angry that you were spending more time with him than with us."

"What?"

"I watched it happen," Fred said silently. "I watched as you became friends with Pucey, I watched as he began to fancy you and I watched as you began to fancy him. Every potions lesson he would pull a chair for you, at first you glared at him, but by the end of second year you smiled at him and thanked him for pulling your chair for you. Every potions lesson he complimented something about you, again, at first you made snide comments and threatened to hex him, but eventually I could see a blush on your cheeks. He would make jokes too, the most horrible jokes, but he'd tell them until he earned at least a chuckle from you."

Rose stood with her jaw hanging open, George at her side holding her hand. 

"Point is I watched it happen," sighed Fred. "And I didn't want to admit that you may like him more than you liked us. So instead of talking to you like a normal person, I took out all of my anger on you, which wasn't at all fair since I knew what would hurt you, so I am sorry, Rose."

"I want to forgive you, Freddie," Rose said softly. "But I can't do that right now."

Rose turned on her heel, and this time, Fred didn't follow.