-THE NEW ONES-

• • • 

Some will open your heart, 

others will open your eyes. 

• • • 

ROSE'S POV: 

I knocked on the white door I knew had to be Annies'. She had described her front porch perfectly in the letter she had sent yesterday. 

There was a sound of footsteps on the other side of the door, and a boy stepped out of the it. He looked a lot like Annie, except his hair was slightly darker. He seemed older, maybe a year or two. His eyes shone the same way that Annie's did, so much so that I found it safe to assume that he was her brother. 

"You must be Rose!" The boy greeted as he shaked my hand with enthusiasm. He had a charming smile plastered on his face and freckles spread over the bridge of his nose. "I am Henry, Annabelle's brother." 

"I figured as much." I said with a laugh as Henry let go of my hand. 

"Please, come in! Come in! Annie's ecstatic to have you here, so are mum and dad." Henry said as he picked up my trunk and carried it inside, allowing me to go through the door first. 

"Mum! Anne! She's here!" Henry's booming voice filled the house. 

"Don't shout like that Henry Fletcher!" A women, who I assumed was his mother, scold Henry. "What would our guest think?" 

"That we are a close family perhaps?" The boy offered, only to receive a swat at the top of his head from his mother. The woman was a blonde, she looked like the grown figure of Annie, except for her eyes, they were a dark brown colour. The woman had no freckles in her nose, whatsoever, but she held Anne's same smile. 

The woman turned to me and spoke. "Hello, dear, Annie has told us so much about you. I'm Emilia." 

I shook Mrs. Fletcher's hand and smiled. "I'm Rose Lightbourn, thank you for having me."

"It is our pleasure." Mrs. Fletcher beamed down at me, she then turned around and placed her hands on her hips. "Annabelle! Annabelle, Rose is here!" 

A few moments later, Annie's figure stumbled down the stairs. Her hair was tinted electric blue at the very ends and she had yellow paint all over her cheeks and hands. 

"Rosie!" Annie beamed as she raced towards me, successfully smudging my cheek and hair with paint. "Oh, Helga i've missed you so much!" 

"I've missed you more!" I grinned as she stepped back. I grabbed a piece of her hair to examine it. "What have you done to your hair, Anne?! It's wicked!" 

I passed a hand through my hair, making the ends turn gold while the rest stayed my usual red. 

"Hmm, try brown and purple." Annie suggested as she placed a hand to her chin in a thoughtful manner. I passed a hand through my hair again, morphing it to have brown roots and purple edges. 

"Brilliant!" Annie cheered. 

"Bloody hell..." Henry murmured at the sigh. I turned to him just in time to see Emilia swatting him over the head again. 

"Henry Daniel Fletcher!" Emilia scold again. "Mind your language, young man!" 

"Sorry," He muttered. "But her hair just changed from red to brown in a matter of seconds, mum!" 

"She's a metamorphmagus, you dimwit!" Annie told Henry, the latter glaring at her for the use of nickname. 

"A meta-what?" Henry asked in confusion, Annie let out a sigh and placed her hand on her forehead.