-WOLF OUT-

• • •

• • •

the wolf inside is breaking free

• • •

"Come in, Miss Potter."

Rose did as she was told; she squared her shoulders and walked into McGonagall's office. She inspected it quickly, she noticed the three teenagers sitting on the opposite side of McGonagall and Snape. There was a fourth chair beside them, she sat.

"Mr. Morgenstern has assured us that you had nothing to do with Mr. Weasley's incident," McGonagall said with pursed lips. Rose halted, not daring to steal a glance at her cousins; it wasn't an incident, it was an attack and McGonagall knew it. "Is this true?"

"I-"

"She didn't know," Adrian intervened hotly, his voice desperate. "She was trying to help him!"

"You've said as much, Mr. Pucey, thank you," Snape said, his cold words lingering in the room. "We'd like to hear it from Miss Potter, as well."

"I was trying to stop it," Rose mumbled, staring at her balled fist that sat trembling in her lap. "They meant no harm."

"How did you know they were there?" Snape asked, prodding. Rose still refused to look up, she couldn't tell him how she knew.

"I followed them."

"If you had followed them, you could've prevented a lot more," realized Snape, she felt his burning glare in her. "You could not have been too close; how did you know what they were doing?"

"We were arguing, I said something I shouldn't've, and they went mad."

"What did you say?"

"That's personal," she growled, feeling her nostrils flare as she looked up at Snape. It seemed as if everyone else in the room had gone temporarily silent; their eyes rocket back and forth from the arguing two. 

"It won't be for long if Mr. Weasley decides he wants justice," Snape retorted. "Which wouldn't surprise me, seeing as it would be hurt a Gryffindor's pride to do nothing about it."

"He wouldn't do that," Rose challenged, her hands trembling from where she held the chair.

When he scowled at Rose, Snape leaned closer to the table and his black, lifeless eyes were full with resentment and hatred. "How did you know where they were? Did you track them with something? A map perhaps?"

Rose's eyes flashed violently, and she scrunched up her nose; she could hear everyone's heartbeats, she could hear their breathing. Most of all, she could smell the fear and desperation that hung all around Snape. "I have my own ways of finding them," she retorted.

"How?" he insisted, his volume was no longer low.

She growled. Her eyes flashed amber dangerously and she bared her teeth, she felt animalistic, as if she wanted to claw Snape's eyes out. She looked at the window and felt the shiver that ran down her spine; it was a full moon. 

The room had gone awfully silent, all she sense was the thrill running through everyone's veins; her own heart hammering against her rib cage. McGonagall was the first to break the silence.

"Reckon that's enough for today," she said, clearing her throat and shooting Rose a dangerous look. 

"They get to leave," Rose announced, turning her head back to Snape and pinning him down with murderous eyes. "No consequences until Fred speaks up. I will speak with him myself if that's needed."

"You're in no position of making suggestions, Miss Potter," Snape hissed.

"It's not a suggestion, Professor," Rose said, her eyes had stopped flashing, but they stayed amber. "It's a request; and it is only fair, if you ask me."

"Miss Potter-"

"Fine," McGonagall interrupted, giving Rose a pursed look of disappointment. "You can go, just get out of my sight."

The four needed no other words before they sprinted out of McGonagall's office, settling themselves in the corridor. The first face Rose saw was Amara; she had a horrified expression.

"Rose, how could you say-" she began.

"No. How could you?" Rose spat, switching her eyes the three of them. "How could you do this?!"

"Rose-"

"Fred could've died!" Rose yelled, letting her words linger before she continued. "He could've died and you didn't give a flying fuck about it."

All their heads hung, their eyes not being able to watch Rose. "I don't even want to think of what would've happened if you did kill him." 

"We wouldn't've gotten that far, Rosie," Avalon said, approaching her and putting his hands on her shoulders. "You know we wouldn't've."

"Do I know?" Rose refuted, her eyes beginning to sting almost as much as her scar. "Do I know really? Because when I was checking his head for a critical bleeding, I wasn't really sure if you didn't mean to kill him!"

"We're really sorry, Ro-"

"You know the worst part?" Rose chuckled, interrupting Amara. "I defended your actions in front of my own brother; I was ready to storm in there and let you go to Azkaban for all I care, but I didn't. I defended you with Professor Snape and Professor McGonagall; I didn't even have to think about it."

"I would've done the same," Adrian said, Rose switched her glare over to him.

"Adrian-"

"No, it's our turn," he said, holding her shoulders tightly as he could without hurting her. "Yes, we could've killed him, but we didn't; and trust me, I wanted to. I know you feel terrible about it, we feel worse, but lecturing us in not your job and making us feel worse than we already do isn't either."

"I wasn't lecturing," Rose mumbled.

"Yes, you were," Adrian continued. "I am sorry Avalon and I made you go through that, Rosie, I really am. But if the roles were reversed, and I was in your place, I would've done the same as you. Family always comes first."

"For what it's worth, I would've done the same too."