Chapter Fifty Six

Lexa POV
I listen as Clarke explained
"A long time ago, the world was ending, so lots of countries sent people up to space stations where they would remain for the next like 2-300 years. All of the stations realised that they had no hope of surviving alone so they decided to join together for the saviour of the human race"
Both Gaia and I shoot her a look
"Or so they thought" she says quickly "there was 13 stations set to join together to create the ultimate society but right before they all joined together there was one station that hesitated docking with the others, Polaris. Instead of allowing them to dock late, Alpha station shot them out of the sky to show to the other stations that there is no tolerance for people who won't work with everyone else. Of course they had calculated everything on there being 13 stations and not 12 so the ark started failing after 97 years, hence why the 100 of us prisoners were sent to the ground to die."
She takes a minute and realised she's gone a bit off topic.
"The point is that Polaris was blown up but someone must have managed to get out on an escape pod before that and come back down to earth"
"This machine arrived the day Becca Pramheda came down from the heavens to save our souls Clarke. It is not some story about you sky people" Gaia spits at Clarke. Clarke is taken back by Gaia's anger so I step in between to let her know that she is safe.
"This is a lot to take in Clarke." I try to mediate "are you saying that we're basically the same?"
"Fundamentally, yes, our stories have the same or similar roots and even before that our ancestors probably walked among each other before the sky people went into space but that was 100 years ago and cultures, traditions and brotherhood can be changed and formed in many ways in that time. I am simply saying that we have a similar base that our separate ways have grown from."
I thought that that was very well spoken and I suddenly notice that I'm smiling far too much, perhaps out of pride or love.
"That's it!" Clarke shouts. Gaia and I jump to our feet in the excitement.
"ALIE thinks that her other version, ALIE 2, is on the Ark. Sure it may have been but what if it was on Polaris and it was brought down here when it came down. You have the chip"
"I think I understand" I mutter not really understanding at all
"We need to find it" Clarke announces but Gaia looks at me confirming what I already thought. I know where the chip thing is.