Chapter Fifty Four

Lexa POV
Jaha leaves with a huff and I rush over to Clarke who is wheezing on the floor.
"Niron (loved one) are you okay" I say while scooping her up off the floor and onto the bed. I go to grab her something to stop the bleeding from the cut and she yells after me.
"What was all that about? I think they thought I was you"
"They did" I say calmly while walking back in the room.
"ALIE must have repressed Jaha's memories so much that he has forgotten about your first meeting..." Clarke trails off and then snaps back with "why didn't you stop them and tell them it wasn't me? You stood there and let them do whatever to me thinking I was you. What the fuck Lexa!"
The silence that followed was deafening. Deadly. I stupidly hand Clarke the rag I grabbed for her wound. I understand that I was out of line and I'm not sure how to make it up to her. She soon realises that I must have a reason, softens up and asks "What's with the slice to the back of my neck?"
"They thought that you were the commander and they were trying to gain access to the spirit of the commanders" I reply. She looks blankly back at me. She has no idea what I'm talking about.
"I'll show you" I continue.
I lift up my hair to reveal the scar on the back of my neck.
"When I ascended, the spirit of the commanders was placed in there so they would always be with me." I try to explain.
"Wait! Is it technology? Like a chip?" Clarke butts in.
"I'm not sure. Only the fleimkepa knows"
"Then we better go pay Gaia a visit because I think I know why ALIE wants your spirits"
She begins to walk away quickly. I stop her by saying "Clarke wait!"
She turns and looks expectedly at me
"I'm sorry" I blurt out.
"It's alright. I know you do nothing without reason" she replies
"I love you Clarke"
"I love you too Lexa"