CHAPTER 18

Chapter 18

Hindi ko mapigilan na mag-isip ng kung anu-ano habang naglalakad kami papunta sa malapit na café. I texted Alena that I'll be late. Kinakabahan na naman ako pero ito naman kasi talaga ang gusto ko, 'di ba? At ngayong nasa harapan ko na, ay kailangan ko nalang tanggapin.

Reese ordered for the two of us while I look outside, having so many thoughts running through my head. Bumalik lang ako sa wisyo nang marinig ko ang paghila ni Reese ng upuan sa harapan ko. I heaved a deep sigh as I scanned his face. Wala akong mabasa na emosyon. He's so serious right now.

"Are we going to start?" I asked carefully while still watching him. 

He clenched his jaw as he nodded. Parang hirap na hirap siya sa ginagawa namin ngayon. It's like it took him so much time to think before deciding to finally talk it with me. Naiintindihan ko naman siya sa part na 'yon pero talaga bang ganoon kabigat at kaseryoso ang mga sasabihin niya for him to act this way? Maybe...

"Let me finish first, alright?" Tumango ako sakaniya. His mouth opened and I was stunned by his first word.

"Manipulated. I was manipulated, my parents were manipulated... my family were manipulated by them." Right after he said that, I feel like opening my mouth to ask who manipulated them, pero naalala ko ang sinabi niya kanina so I just shut my mouth off and let my brain digest it.

"I never thought we would be manipulated by them. I just realized it when Olivia's father asked me to marry his daughter. Everything they made us do came back in my mind and that's when I fucking realized that my family were being a dog to them for so many years. I was young and our company was failing because my father can't just stop himself from gambling. Our company was sinking and we couldn't do anything... I couldn't do anything because I was so young back then." I felt my heart starting to tighten as I watch him spit words with his eyes looking so hurt. I want to stop him and just hug him even if we're just starting.

I covered my mouth with my hand because of the next things he said. "The reason why I'm with Olivia... it's because I'm trying to get back at them by using their daughter because I'm so sure that it'd be their greatest downfall. Lahat nang ginawa nila sa pamilya ko, gagawin ko rin sa kanila... and that was the reason why I kept on hanging out with their daughter. I'm not a bad person but I know that you think of me as one now." 

He smirked as he leaned on the backrest of his chair. Hindi ako makagalaw. I was taken aback of his words. Hindi ko alam na ganito pala kalalim ang mga nangyayari sa buhay niya.

"So to answer the question that was keeping you awake every night... no. I'm not in a relationship with Olivia and I have no plans to keep it real with her. I'm just usi—"

"No, please... stop." I raised my hand to stop him. Tears rolled down my cheeks. My heart hurts so badly and I feel so disappointed with the man in front of me. 

I know, I should be happy because he's not in a relationship with that woman but every words he spits against Olivia was tearing my heart off. Babae rin ako and I don't like the idea of men playing with any women just to have their fucking revenge!

"I said let me finish first," he said as he smiled. Hindi ko alam kung anong klaseng ngiti ang pinakita niya.

"But... you can't do that to her!" I finally said it.

"Alright, I already expected this kind of reaction from you," rinig kong sabi niya kaya napatayo na talaga ako sa galit.

Yes, I am jealous with Olivia. I envy her and I sometimes hate her! I'll admit it because that's the freaking truth! But this... I don't think I can take this. Reese obviously wants to play with Olivia in order to get his revenge. Hindi ako papayag. Everything became a mess.