Chapter Twelve

Megan’s POV

I get out of surgery and see Janelle waiting in my room. She looks like she’s deep in thought and I know it’s because of me. I got to bite my lip, like I always do when I’m nervous, but quickly regret seeing as it just got stitches put in it.

“Ouch!”

“Oh my god Megs’ are you alright?” Nell rushes over to me and I laugh lightly.

“I’m fine Janelle. I just bit my lip. Bad idea huh?”

“No, a bad idea was staying with Harry this whole time. And lying to me and Nic like that!” I could tell she was trying to hide her anger and pain but it wasn’t working.

“I’m sorry. It’s just...”

“You love him.” I sighed and layed back down on my stiff hospital bed.

“I do. And it sucks.”

“You should have told us Meg’s. We would have helped you.”

“Yeah like your boyfriend did.” I realize that I did not think that last sentence. I look at Janelle and her face is in shock.

“What?”

“Nothing. I didn’t say anything. It’s just the meds talking.”

“Zayn knew? You told Zayn and you couldn’t even tell your best friends!” I knew she wanted to say more but the doctor walked in and she was cut off.

“Hello Megan.”

“Hi.” Will this guy just go away. He’s so annoying.

“Well we will have to keep you for a few days just to make sure your ribs are healing like they should.”

“Alright.” I grumble and lay further into the bed I’m in.  The doctor leaves and Janelle just looks at me. “What!”

“Don’t yell at me Megan! You got me fucked up with someone else! Why did you tell Zayn and not Nicole or I?”

“I didn’t really tell him.” I sit up again to look her in the eyes. “Do you remember that night I went to Harry’s and came back a few hours later saying he was tired.” She nods and sits on the edge of my bed. “Well that night Harry hit me. He actually slapped me really hard in the face and caused my nose to bleed. I... uh broke his necklace on accident and he got really mad. He pushed me against the wall and slapped me. I ran from his dorm after I broke away from him and Zayn saw me. I made him swear to not tell you, Janelle. So don’t be mad at him.” I try to read her face but can’t.

“How long?”

“What?”

“How long has Harry been hitting you?”

“Since our second month together. He stopped for a little while though. Those were the good days. And then something happened that sparked it back up again.”

“Megan you’re telling me that out of your seven months of dating he has been hitting you for five? And you stayed.”

“Like I said I love...”

“Yeah Megan that’s not love!”

“Neither is lying to your girlfriend for four months but Zayn did, didn’t he.” Damn! Why do I keep doing this. Just at that moment Zayn walked in my room.

“Megan are you alright?” I look at Janelle and see her face. She is beyond pissed.

“What do you think Zayn. Hmh. She is in the fucking hospital.”

“Hey why are you mad at...” He looks back at me and I give him knowing eyes.

“I need to talk to you.” Nell gets up and drags Zayn outside of my hospital room. My phone beeps and I reach to get it. Wow.

(A/N sorry for the cliffhanger!! But yeah Janelle has every right to be mad at Zayn right?!?! Comment and leave predictions!! Xx)