"It's not huge like she's thinking it is- but it's like almost thirty thousand students-"

"What do you mean that's not huge?"

"Well, it's not like it's ucla." I retorted back to my cousin and Y/N nodded.

"Or when I went to Seattle for an internship... we stayed in one of the apartments that was on campus and man." My girlfriend sighed as she leaned back again and I hummed in agreement.

"Almost fifty thousand students at University of Washington." I finished it off for her and my family shook their heads at that.

"Go Huskies." Y/N mumbled as she stared at her plate of food.

"Then how'd you two find each other?" I heard my little sister speak from the kids table next to ours.

I chuckled with the rest of the family when Y/N smirked cutely and side eyed me.

"Your sister is a stalker." She lied and I laughed as I softly smacked her arm.

"Relax." I giggled along while I saw the spark in my moms eyes as she listened in.

My mom was probably more in love with her than I was, sheesh.

Soon enough Y/N was retelling the story all over again and the happiness on her face as she spoke out each word filled me with euphoria. She really was my person and I knew I was the lucky one to get her in my life. It was insane to think that I was lucky enough to find someone that was just as in love with me as much I was in love with her. The true excitement in my soul. My person. She made my soul smile and when I heard the pure delight in her voice as she told our story it warmed me up even further.

Laughter echoed around the room as she made some pretty good slick jokes about how clumsy or stubborn I was. Her favorite at the moment was the time she heard my song on the campus radio and I puked everywhere. Luckily for me she made it seem it was just the anxiety of the song and not some cold I was trying to get over at the moment... or the small pregnancy scare we just had. No one needed to know that just yet, I guess. That thought alone had me gulping down the rest of my glass of wine.

Soon enough the hours slipped by and very little by little our family started to get up and start to clean up after themselves. My mother already up ready to hand out leftovers to everyone while one of my family members kept on conversing with my girlfriend. One of my aunts held a child close as they slept peacefully against her chest. Her husband following close behind as she handed him plate after plate while my other drunken uncle yelled from the other side of the kitchen.

Almost instantaneously all the women in the room hushed him down causing him to raise his hands. Y/N cracked up in her seat and I could tell she was definitely over her limit due to the fact she couldn't stop laughing at the simplest things. My cousin laughing just as deep with her and they practically clutched onto one another causing me to giggle.

"No, no, Sinu we didn't hit the dessert!" My uncle let out his gruffy laugh causing my aunt with the child to her chest to roll her eyes.

"I get first pick." She spoke in her native tongue and smirked when he gasped dramatically.

"Santa came early." She groaned and went to take at least one of everything available.

My grandma shaking her own head before walking around the kitchen to join the small group of women.

"Leave some cookies for Santa what are you doing?" One of my little cousins exclaimed from the doorway and I couldn't help but laugh at that.

"Calm down." My aunt mumbled with her mouth half full and my little cousin marched herself up to them.