Chapter 25: Jonathan Byers

Zacznij od początku

"And there's nothing in this world to come between me and you..." we sing together. I grasp her hips and start dancing with her. "We're together and it keeps me so excited. To think of what the power of love can do, ooh..." Her eyes sparkle with glee as she grabs my hand again and leads me away from the dining table. She resumes putting the dishes away and I help her, both of us dancing and singing as we do.

"Get ready. Tonight. I'm gonna make this a night to remember," we shout the lyrics. She sets the last plate in its designated cabinet before extending her arm, motioning for me to clasp her hand. I take it and she twirls into my chest and plants a kiss on my lips. We keep singing and dancing until the song ends. We both laugh when it's over, just happy to have moments like this together.

☁️

Y/n was also very understanding. When she found out that I had secretly taken pictures of her, she wasn't angry. I feel like she should've been but she just wasn't.

☁️

I go to the woods where Will disappeared and start taking photos of everything that I think may hold a clue of where Will went or how he disappeared. A scream captures my attention and I sprint toward the direction of the sound, thinking that it could have to do with WIll. Either that or I could help whoever is in trouble. I stop when I see a backyard. Tommy H. is threatening to throw Carol into the pool, making me realize that this is Steve Harrington's house. I glance behind them and notice Barbara, Steve, Nancy, and y/n in the back.

My eyes stay glued on y/n. What is she doing at Steve Harrington's house? Nancy stands up to shotgun a beer can and I see y/n and Barbara give each other a look. Nancy chugs down the beer and drops the can. I can barely understand what they're saying but I hear Nancy ask Barbara if she wants to try. Barbara keeps refusing and y/n steps in, seeing how uncomfortable the girl is.

"I'll do it," she voices, standing up. Everyone cheers and Nancy hands her a beer and knife. She sighs and pokes a hole in the side of the can. She downs the liquid and everyone starts chanting, "chug!" She finishes rather fast and throws the can down before sitting in her chair again, as if nothing just happened. I smile at this. Despite her effort to draw attention away from her friend, the others still pressure Barbara into it and she stands up. She attempts to poke a hole in the can but ends up slicing her skin instead.

"Are you okay?" Y/n and Nancy immediately question.

"Yeah."

"Barb, you're bleeding," Nancy points out.

"I'm fine. Where's your bathroom?"

Steve stands up to tell her where it is. "Let me help you," y/n offers but Barbara declines. Y/n stands there with a concerned expression and I snap a picture. She walks back to the others and I take another picture. Tommy suddenly pushes Carol into the pool before jumping in himself. Steve then shoves Nancy and leaps in. Y/n just stands back, watching them emotionlessly. I take a picture of her and more of the teens in the pool.

After a while, everyone goes inside to dry off. It looks like everyone left the living room until y/n walks up to the glass sliding door. She stands there with her arms crossed as she looks out into the backyard. I instantly take pictures of her, thinking that these photos will tell a whole story. I wonder what's going on inside her head. I sigh as I lower my camera, staring longingly at her. It physically hurts when I'm reminded that I can't have her. If only she knew how she makes me feel.

•~•~•~•

I walk to my car and notice Steve and his clique leaning against it. "Hey, man," Steve greets when he sees me, hopping off of the car.