•Chapter two •

"Bye! I'm leaving for my shift!" I yelled from the front door.

The bubble tea shop was open from 9am to 6pm so I had to work till closing time. I didn't mind though because I had loads of breaks and there were rarely any customers, especially on a Saturday.

"Sae-mi, wait!" She yelled, walking over to me. I looked down at her hand and frowned. "Here." She said handing me money. "Treat yourself to lunch." She said pushing the money towards my hand.

I immediately pulled my hand away. "No, you know we can't go spending money like that. Besides we have plenty of home cooked food. You know how I only love your food." I explained.

She frowned at me. "When will you stop being so stubborn, sae-mi." She asked softly. I gave her a small smile.

"I'll be back home soon. We can have lunch together." I said turning towards the door. I was about to grab the door knob when she stopped me.

"I almost forgot! I have a job interview today!" She exclaimed.

"Well, I give you all my best wishes, and don't worry about lunch." I said opening the door.

"I'll manage!" I yelled as the door closed behind me.

I turned around and began walking towards our floor elevator. We lived in a building with mini flats. It was small but felt like home.
~

I pulled my headphones out as I reached the shop. Grabbing the keys for the shop from my pocket, I walked up to the door.

My brows furrowed when I couldn't find the right one. Along with the shop keys there was also the keys to my flat, the storage room, the cashier and my tiny locker inside the shop. Uh, I know I have to get another keychain.

I let out a sigh when I finally found it. Turning it, I open the door and walk it. A smile appeared on my lips as I heard the tiny bell on top of the door ring as I opened the door.

I loved this place.

I grabbed my apron from the hook and tied it around my waist.

"Just me and you." I mumbled to the shop.

~

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

~

I was so wrong when I said there were never any customers, especially on Saturdays. I leaned back on the counter as i watched new customers walk in ever five minutes. Was it some special bubble milk tea day or something? There was at least one person on each table. Hell, even the tables outside we're full.

It was overwhelming. If only my boss was here to see this.

"I'm sorry, but I ordered a bubble tea five minutes ago and I ha -"

"Right away, sir. I'm sorry for the delay. We're really busy today." I said cutting him off. He gave me a short nod and walked back to his table.

I quickly re- checked his order and immediately prepared his bubble tea. Placing it on the tray I gently lifted it up, making sure not to spill it.