"No, you weren't kidding, and I get it. I would hate me too if I were you," I add, trying to swallow back my tears without success and furiously wiping them off my face.

I don't even have the heart to hide the fact I am going to get home, stuff my face, and cry. Meanwhile, Yoongi is looking back at me like I'm completely crazy, staring at the growing pile of chocolate bars on his counter with slight concern.

"Wait, what are you even talking about?" he asks with a shake of his head.

"I'm talking about the fact you got shot because of me," I explain, grabbing my wallet and putting it on the counter, clearly showing him that I'm ready to pay and run away from his sight.

"You think I got shot because of you?" repeats Yoongi with furrowed brows, confusion showing in his dark orbs.

Despite the fact I'm ready to pay, he doesn't seem in a hurry to scan my items and tell me how much I owe him. I uncomfortably start playing with the zipper of my coat while he stares back at me in bafflement, my eyes still watering even though I continuously try to blink towards the flickering neon lights to make it go away.

"Well... yes," I say, using my sleeve to quickly dry-out my cheeks.

"And that's why you left the hospital that day? Because you thought I hated you? For getting shot by Hoseok?"

I just leave my arm across my face to cry in the crook of my elbow, trying so very hard to keep it at bay without success.

"I swear Yoongi, I know it's not enough... but I'm so sorry, I see how mad you are right now and I fully get it, I'm so fucking sorry you got shot, it's my fault for getting you into this mess and – and..." I choke on my cries, "I understand if you never want to see my face again, I already knew you would hate me, that's why I left the hospital before you woke up. I swear I was so glad when I learned you were okay, I cried of relief for at least an hour. This was the worst day of my life..."

When I remove my arm from my face, he's staring back at me with parted lips and a surprised look on his face, blinking.

"I – I'm going to leave now, if you could just scan these, I'll pay and go, and I promise I'll never come back here..." I finally say, snorting and pushing the pile of chocolate bars towards the cash register.

"Oh wow, you really are dumb," finally says Yoongi.

His tone is a lot softer now, the anger leaving his body all at once and making his shoulders relax.

"I think you need something stronger than chocolate bars. Come with me," he says, standing up and leaving his position behind the counter to disappear in the back store.

I hover on my spot before he peeks his head out of the doorway.

"You're coming?"

"Yeah, yeah," I finally say, following him in the next room.

The back store is the size of my closet; boxes of cigarettes and beer packs pilling up against the left wall while a table and chairs made of a cardboard box and old plastic Pepsi crates occupy the rest of the space. Yoongi sits down on a crate, grabbing two ceramic mugs from a small shelf as well as a glass bottle of Fireball which was hidden under a pile of plastic bags. He points with his chin towards the other seat, urging me to sit down.

"What – what if another client comes in?" I ask, unsure if I should even be here.

"Sit your ass down!" he exclaims, "It's eleven o'clock at night on a Wednesday, nobody will come."

I decide to shut my mouth and listen, sitting down in the cramped area. I watch as Yoongi pours the equivalent of two shots in a mug, giving it to me. He serves himself as well, then puts the glass bottle away and raises his mug.