• Chapter One •

A/N: 🥀 

This book was my first, and written quite a while ago (unlike my much recent ones), therefore it has not yet had the chance to be edited/ rewritten. However, I am trying to edit most parts here and there to make it a better version. Enjoy :)

STATUS: Complete, under the process of being edited.

Enjoy....

__________

• Kim Sae-mi's PoV •

I let out a sigh as I dazed out the window. My eyes dart to the door when I hear the bell ring. A smile appeared on my lips when I saw it was a couple. They were probably around my age or a year younger.

"What can I get you both." I beamed.

They both smiled at me.

I looked over at the guy.

"Umm. Could I please get two bubble teas, one mango and the other uh.. Strawberry, please." He said looking over at his girlfriend, checking if the order he had just placed was correct.

I nodded and began preparing their milk bubble teas.

Ever since my parents passed away in a car crash three years ago, I've been staying with my older cousin. She treated me as if I was her younger sister. She was always against me taking a part time job but I didn't want to rely on her. I wanted to be independent and own my own money, so I could spend it on her showing my appreciation. I never grew up in a wealthy household. We had to work very hard if we wanted things.

That's what my mum taught me and so that is what I'm doing.

"Your bubble teas are ready!" I exclaimed so they could hear me from their table. They looked over at me and got up.

"Please come again!" I said as they walked out.

I let out a sigh as I leaned back on the counter.

They looked so young. They were so cute together.

I don't have time for relationships. In fact it wasn't even on my priority list. It's not that I don't want to get into one. I would love too, but I had to think about my noona. My first and only priority.

I stood up straight and grabbed the cloth beside me. My boss said she trusts me with the shop hence her absence. It was a good thing though because it meant extra pay.

The shop I worked at was a little milk bubble tea shop. It wasn't well-known. The most customers I've ever gotten was maybe five? So, it made sense why I was the only employee.

I hoisted my self up onto the counter and jumped off. Bringing my tray with me, I began collecting empty glasses and left tissues.

"An extra help wouldn't hurt, you know." I mumbled to myself.

I walked over to the bin and emptied the tray of tissues into it. I placed the dirty glasses on the counter and was about to hoist my self over the counter again when the bell rang signalling a new customer.

I quickly jumped over the counter and walked up to the mini cashier. Patting the fake dust off my apron, I looked up at the guy who had just walked in.

I raised my brows slightly when I saw him. He was probably in his early forties. His hair was jet black with a strand of grey and was slicked back. He wore an expensive looking suit and black shades.
What was a man who looked as of he could buy this whole shop without putting a dent in his bank account doing here?

I cleared my throat.

"What could I get you, sir." I said smiling up at him. I couldn't see his eyes through his shades so I didn't know if he was looking at me.

He let out a tired sigh. "I don't know..." He mumbled.

"Oh..uh.." I replied. I turned around to the board of different flavours behind me. "We have all these flav-"

I was cut off by his phone.

"Excuse me." He said bringing his phone to his ear. I bit my lip and nodded.

I didn't want to be rude and listen so I zoned out. I focused my eyes again when I saw a huge black car parked outside the shop. I leaned to the side so I could see it more clearly.

Was it his? it looked so expensive.

I squinted my eyes when I saw someone in the back seat. I couldn't make out if it was a person or the just seat. Everything was black.

I flinched slightly when the man cleared his throat.

"That'll be all, Ms. Kim. Thank you." He said before turning around. I watched as he walked out.

H..how did he...

Did I know him? Did he know me?

I mean, I didn't see his whole face because of his shades.

He.. He didn't even order anything!

I watched as he got in the driver seat of the expensive car. He began talking as if someone else was in the car. My eyes darted to the back of the car as it began to pull out.

"Oh-" I whispered to myself. Whoever that was in the back seat had the most beautiful side profile I had ever seen. I didn't see his whole face as the car immediately drove off.

That car...

Why did I feel as if I've seen that car before?...