CHAPTER 42

Chapter 42
Long Time No See

×

I walked out of the kitchen with some bowls that contained food. Unfortunately they had to eat out of them, I couldn't do anything about that.

I had helped the vampires that work in the kitchen to prepare something, making sure it's actually edible. They knew I was once the queens pet and wouldn't lay a hand on me. But now that I'm a vampire too, I have even less to worry about.

We made a big portion of Mac and Cheese, this being the easiest thing to make as fast as possible. I knew the humans were hungry and I wanted to each get them quickly some food. And of course water too.

Together with the maids, we started bringing the bowls into the big open room where the slaves were being kept. I could feel eyes on me as I entered the room, knowing full well they belonged to Valentina. She was making sure I was okay. For the safety of not only me, but them too.

As soon as the humans noticed people coming in, there behavior changed. Some dropped to their knees, some walked to the corners of the room and others stood in front of the weak ones, trying to protect them. I don't blame them.

"It's okay, we have come to give you all some food. We are not here to hurt anyone." I heard Sammy call out. I think she has done this before.

I noticed a blonde girl, all alone in the far back of the room. In a way, she reminded me of myself. She seemed innocent, yet I already know she has gone through so much. I decided to make my way over to her.

When she noticed I was approaching her and saw I was a vampire, seeing as my eyes and teeth still hadn't gone back to normal, she moved from her seated position to a kneeling one.

It had caught me off guard. I had never had anyone kneel for me before. I was always the one to do it.

I sighed, taking a breath to help control my hunger and stopped in front of her. Then, I went on my knees and placed the food and water bowl down. Now I was face to face with her.

She looked up with a chocked expression, not believing that a vampire was on their knees. I could also feel more eyes on me now, but I didn't care. To me it was still a habit, a normal thing to do and I wanted to make the girl feel as comfortable as possible. I didn't want to seem like a threat.

"There you go, some food and water. I assume you're pretty hungry." I softly said to her. Then I gave, what was meant to be a kind smile. However, I had forgotten that I had fangs in that moment and quickly closed my mouth after realizing that.

I was afraid I had scared her off, but was surprised as I heard a really soft laugh come from her. Other people wouldn't have heard it, but I was glad I did. It was a heavenly sound.

"I like your laugh." I told her, trying to be friendly and start a conversation. She looked at me intensely.

"I-I like y-your eyes m-miss." I smiled at that, this time making sure to keep my mouth closed while doing so.

She then began eating and that's when I took the time to get back to my feet and look around. Almost all of the people in the room, vampire, maid or human, were looking at me. That's when I started to become self conscious. Was what I did not okay?