CHAPTER 22

Chapter 22
Getting Comfortable With You

×

I hadn't eaten dinner yesterday because I had fallen asleep before we could go. I guess we were both exhausted.

So the next morning I woke up with a rumbling stomach. I opened my eyes and saw my master was still sleeping next to me.

Normally I woke up after her because I need more sleep considering I'm human. But my body must have woken me up earlier because I'm hungry.

I didn't know what to do. I couldn't go myself and I also didn't want to wake up my master. What if she got angry?

I carefully got out of the bed, trying not to wake her up.

I decided to just distract myself and pass the time by drawing some more. I was looking around the room for inspiration and ideas on what to draw when my eyes landed on my master. She looked so peaceful and human-like.

I made a quick scetch of her and then started putting in the details.

I guess some time passed and my master had woken up. Putting the sketch book away, I crawled back over to her.

"Hello my pet, have you been awake for long?" Was the first thing she asked. Her voice was slightly more hoarse and I got distracted for a second but then quickly answered her.

"Not too long. Good morning master." She stretched her arm out and stroked my head for a second before getting up.

"Morning my angel. I nee-" She got cut off by my stomach that decided to rumble on the worst possible moment. I looked down in embarrassment.

"Are you hungry? You could have woken me up. I don't mind, as long as you are gentle." I looked at her with slight red cheeks.

"I fell asleep before I had dinner. And I didn't know if you would get mad so I waited till you woke up." I noticed realization entering her face. She quickly put on a suit and got ready, she then walked closer to me.

"I am so sorry my angel, I completely forgot. I will go grab you some breakfast now. I need to talk to you so we won't be attending breakfast with the others." She caressed my cheek and sped away before I could say something.

She wanted to talk to me? Now I was getting nervous. What if it's something bad. Did I do something wrong? Did I come to close to her and is she getting rid of me?

Luckily she came back before my mind got too intense. She had my bowls in her hand and put them down in front of me on the floor.

I quietly ate the food, to hungry to pay attention to anything else. I was surprised when she gave me a second round.

"That's for missing yesterday's dinner. I don't want you being hungry."

"Thank you master." She gave me a smile and walked to her window, looking through it with her hands clasped behind her back as she waited till I was finished with my breakfast. It consisted of chopped up pancakes and some fruit. It was so delicious.

I really appreciate the food I get here. It's way better than some dry bread.

When I was finished, I went over to my master and kneeled next to her, leaning my head against the side of her leg. The view was so pretty. You could see all the different colored flowers from the window.

"What did you want to talk to me about? Did I do something wrong? If I did, then I didn't mean to." I started nervously rambling. I was growing attached to her and didn't want to lose her.

She turned to me and softly grabbed my chin between her fingers, making me look at her.

"Of course you haven't done anything wrong. You are my sweet angel. I wouldn't replace you for anyone else. You're perfect." I felt my eyes get watery because of her kind confession. That meant a lot to me, hearing her say that. I gave her a teary-eyed smile and she caught a tear that fell from my eye.

"Thank you master. That means a lot to me."

She took us over to the beanbag in the corner by the bookshelf and sat down before lifting me across her lap. She placed me sideways on her lap, like a baby often is positioned on their mom.

It felt comforting.

"You're such a good girl. I am sometimes amazed at how well you behave. I am curious, is it because of your past or because of me?" I was honestly still figuring that out myself.

"Um, both? I think. I don't really know either. But when I was with my old master, I behaved well because I just had to. Here, I behave well because I want to and I guess I like being by your side. I feel comfortable in your presence." I tried explaining to my master how I felt. But it was difficult to say. Now I was just embarrassed.

I hid my head in the crook of her neck and felt her chuckle. She wrapped her arms around me and held me close.

"It's okay. I like that about you. You want to be on your knees beside me and not standing higher than me. You have adapted to your submissive role and I like being your dominant, your master. We fit well together. I treat you fairly and you show me respect." I thought about her words and silently agreed with her.

"Now that we have covered that, I need to tell you about an certain event that is coming up. I rememberd yesterday while I was working that the date is quickly approaching." I lifted my head up and looked at her with furrowed brows. Why is she telling me this?

"What event master?" I really didn't know what she was talking about.

"It's a yearly event. Once a year, all the royals will come together here in my castle and we will talk about some changes that have happened and catch up with each other. It's sort of like a business party." Okay, I didn't know that was a thing. Interesting.

"Why are you telling me this?" She gave me a smile.

"Seeing as I have a pet this year, you have to attend this 'business party' with me. It's an important event and apart from the royals, the only other people that are allowed to be there are their pets and of course my maids that will serve them." My eyes widened a bit and I got anxious. A room full of royal vampires?

"Have you had a pet before?"

"No. I have never had a pet. Much less one to attend these sort of events."

"So why me master?"

"It was my sister's idea to give me a pet and let's just say she's never had a better idea than this. It's going to be fine. You will be by my side the entire time." I nodded at layed back against her, enjoying the coolness of her skin.

"When is this event master?" I decided to ask her.

"Next week." So soon? I'm so nervous.