CHAPTER 27

Chapter 27
Dark Places Are Scary

×

It was the afternoon and we were getting ready to leave. My master had said that Catherine agreed to go with us.

I was a little nervous but also excited to get out of here and explore a new place. It was going to be interesting, spending time with both of the Colgate sisters at the same time. I was usually with either one or the other.

"It is time to go, my pet." I turned around to see my master standing in the doorway. She had given me the task to grab some things if I wanted to take them with me. I had grabbed my sketchbook, to maybe draw some memories I would create that I didn't want to forget and a book. Maybe we could read at the cabin.

I thought about that as I had grabbed the book from the shelf. I would be spending time with the two people who had teached me how to read. They have not only done that, but have also taken far better care of me than anyone else had ever done. Including my family.

I will admit that it was not entirely my parents fault how I grew up, but me ending up a blood slave for vampires was. I would never forgive them for that.

Walking over to my master, I gave her the items I had picked out and she put them in a bag. Together, we walked to the stables and my mouth slightly dropped when I saw Ghost, the queens horse.

He was wearing a saddle and had some silver armor on. It looked so beautiful on him and the details were amazing.

Next to him, was standing a black horse

Next to him, was standing a black horse. It looked similar but slightly smaller. My master had said to me that it was Catherine's horse. She doesn't use him very often, only if she needs to travel. His name was Shadow and he was also wearing a saddle and armor similar to Ghost.

I then figured out that we were going to travel to the cabin on the horses. I had never been on one before, especially a battle horse. It made me nervous but my master calmed me down. She would never put me in danger, so I knew it would be okay.

She lifted me up, placing me on Ghost. I held on tightly to the front of the saddle as my feet couldn't reach the pedals that are used to place your feet in.

She climbed up too after she had attached the bag to him. She placed herself behind me, pulling me against her front by my waist. I felt a tingling feeling from where she touched me.

She grabbed Ghost's reins and pulled it slightly, making him walk and letting me get used to the feeling.

"Hello sister, hey Evelyn, sorry I'm late. We can go now." Catherine said as she approached us and also got on her horse.

She had said my name so casually, like I was just another person. It made me feel more normal.

-

We had arrived at a cozy looking cabin in the woods after some time. They had tied the horses to a tree nearby and given them some meat as we went inside.

It was kind of cold inside because nobody had been here in a long time and vampires don't get cold. Catherine noticed me shivering and decided to start the fire, using some wood that had been pre cut and layed beside the fireplace. I was thankful to get some heat.

My master led me to a bedroom and showed me where we would spend the night. Luckily there were two bedrooms, it saves everyone from the awkwardness of having to think of a solution where to sleep.

She left the room and I unpacked the sketchbook and the reading book from the bag, I placed the items down on a small table in the corner of the room to use later.

I walked out of the bedroom and started exploring the cabin. There was a bathroom and bedrooms on one side of the place and then you also had a small living room with a kitchen in it on the other.

As I was heading back to the living room, I noticed a door to the left of me. I had guessed it was just some storage closet or something but still decided to check it out, seeing as my master hadn't stopped me from looking around freely.

I pulled the door open and walked in the room.

I really wished I hadn't.

As I was fully in the room, I heard the door slam shut behind me, making my heart rate increase. Now it was dark because there was no light on and there weren't any windows.

I started feeling around for a light switch, but I couldn't find it. I started to panic and my breathing was starting to get heavier. I let out a whimper as the memories started coming back.

I tried to pull the door open but it wouldn't budge. I was too panicked to know I had to push the door instead of pull. I started banging my hand on the door and started crying.

"Please, get me out. m-master please." It felt like hours before the door opened but it was actually less then a minute.

As soon as the door opened, I fell forward onto the person who opened the door. My fist that had been banging the door also slammed against them.

"My pet? What's happened? Calm down for me please." I felt her pick me up and then she she sat down on a couch. I found out it was the living room.

"What is-" Catherine came rushing towards us, a worried look on their face. She was cut off by her sister.

"Could you please grab a glass?" She nodded and quickly grabbed one out of a cabinet in the kitchen.

I didn't know what was happening and I was still shaken up. I curled up closer against my master, trying to seek comfort. I felt my left hand sting a little and looked at it to see it start to bruise from me banging it against the door.

Catherine handed my master the glass and then she slit her wrist with on of her the pointy nails, letting some blood drop into it. I looked away, not liking the sight of my master being wounded.

"What are you doing sister?" Catherine asked as she looked at the glass.

"Don't question me, I know what's best for my pet." She lifted the glass and pressed it up against my lips.

"Drink up my angel, it will heal your hand. You're okay now." I took a breath and then started drinking from the glass. I sighed as I felt the pain in my hand decrease.

"Good girl. Will you tell me what happened?"

"I couldn't get the door open." I replayed it in my head. That's when I also remembered that when the door had opened I had hit her with my hand.

"I'm so sorry master. I-I didn't mean to. Please don't punish me." I begged her as tears streamed my face once again.

I had hurt my master.