CHAPTER 7

Chapter 7
Treating Wounds

×

"Evelyn, sweetie wake up please." I woke up from a voice. The first thing I noticed was that, even though I was still naked and cold, my body was covered in sweat. I took a breath before looked around. I saw the redhead on the other side of the bars of my cage. She looked slightly concerned. It was a weird expression to see on a vampire but she was Catherine Colgate, the vampire with emotions. Or so she told me. If only she was still my master.

"There you are. I have come to check up on you." The sisters were like opposites. If you compare them, Catherine was the angel and Valentina is the devil. The redhead had a more feminine style with sexy long tight dresses and heels whereas the queen had a more masculine style like suits. The one had a hypnotizing voice and the other a more hoarse like one. But in the end, they're both monsters.

I looked at her for second before I turned around and faced my back to her. I heard her sigh and then the door to the cage opened. I quess my master gave her a key too.

She picked me up like I was nothing, using her vampire strength. I felt like a broken piece of flesh. My body was still weak from being fed on. She gently placed us on the bed. Her sitting with her back against the head of the bed and me laying down with my head on her lap.

"I see my sister has already been busy. I must apologize little one, but you were never mine to begin with." I just closed my eyes and relaxed a bit. Feeling like she was becoming less of an enemy and more of an ally. She had apparently brought a first aid kit with her and gently started cleaning up the wounds of my bite marks.

"I would give you some of my blood so you would heal faster, but my sister likes to show off and she wouldn't be happy to see that her marks have disappeared."

"Thank you, um-" She cut me off.

"You may call me Catherine, but miss or ma'am when in public." I nodded, slightly surprised that I was allowed to speak her first name.

"Thank you, C-Catherine." She smiled at little and stroked my hair for a while.

"I will call for Samantha, have her give you a bath. It will be dinner soon. You've slept for a while but that's understandable." She got up from the bed and packed up the first aid kit again. I decided it was probably best to get off the bed. Catherine walked away and I sat in front of the bed. I had wanted to cover myself but I didn't see my clothes anywhere, so I just waited till Sam would show.

About maybe five minutes later, I heard a knock and then the door opened. Sam walked in and she had a pair clothes with her. She had a slightly worried expression and walked up to me.

"Hey, let's give you that bath okay? Come on, can you stand?" She didn't seem affected by my lack of clothing but I guessed she had already done this numerous of times, giving slaves and maybe even vampires baths. I slowly stood up with her help and we made our way to the bathroom.

There were two separate sets of baths and showers, one side meant for me and the other for the queen herself. She probably didn't want my filth in her space.

Sam placed me in the tub and turned on the water. It felt good against my skin and I let out a relieved sigh while leaning my head back against the bath. Sam put the clothes to the side with a towel next to it and then took a seat next to me.

This time she had been wearing slightly more casual clothing. I had guessed because she wasn't working for the vampires at the moment. But when dinner was going to be served, she would change outfits again.

She started to wash my hair and I relaxed at the feeling.

____________________

*Valentina Colgate's POV

Evelyn Johnson. I can't quite figure out what it is about her that somehow makes her different from the other blood slaves I've come across.

Perhaps it's because she follows my every commands perfectly. Or that she doesn't question anything I ask of her. She hasn't complained once. All the other slaves I've fed from, always struggle and kept trying to get out of my hold, begging to be let free. It was irritating. She doesn't do that.

The reason why she behaves this way might be because of her old master. I think he had broken her. I don't know why he didn't just kill her when he had enough of her. That part confuses me.

After I showed her my room and drank from her a second time, I walked out and went to my office. Being queen isn't all power and play, it comes with a lot of paperwork and meetings too. Those are things that the others quickly overlook.

I took a seat at my desk and started on the administration. I know I could make someone do this for me, but I am the queen. I'm responsible for the other vampires, so I need to know what is happening.

Lately, there have been complaints from other vampires about them not having enough food allowed to feed from. They are stupid, because the human population has died down a lot over the last decades. If they just keep randomly feeding on and killing humans there won't be enough left in a few years.

After catching up on some work, I called my sister to my office. I heard a knock and the door opened.

"You needed me for something?" She asked with a confused look.

"Could you check up on my pet? I might have taken a bit much of her and I don't want her dying on her first day." I said carelessly. My sister sighed. I knew she didn't agree with my behavior. She was hoping that giving me this pet was somehow going to change me.

"Valentina, please I beg of you, go easy on her. I feel like she is a good one and you shouldn't waste her like the regular slaves." It was funny, seeing my own sister beg me for some human I or Catherine barely know. But I did agree with her on one thing. My slave is indeed a good one.

"I will watch myself around her and try to keep my temper in check, but I can't guarantee anything." She looked slightly relieved at that. Satisfied with her answer, she left to check on Evelyn.

My sister wasn't always this kind to humans. We were both ruthless a long time ago, but she realized that not all humans are the same. Now she cares for the sweet and helpless ones.

Me however, not so much. I would never grow kind to the human race. Not after what they did.