CHAPTER 2

Chapter 2
Treat With Caution

×

*Catherine Colgate's POV

I was seated in my chair and quickly grew bored. I had been at this auction for quite some time and none of these humans had spiked my interest.

It was beginning to come to an end when a small girl slowly walked onto the stage. She stood still for a second and then turned in a circle before stopping again and facing my way. I slowly looked her up and down. You always get around a minute or so to look at the human before the bidding begins.

She had blonde hair and you could see a lot of scars on her body, indicating that she had probably already been sold before. She was also quite thin, but all the slaves were like that. When she had turned around, I had noticed that she had a big tattoo on her back, a pair of angel wings. Interesting.

After the minute was over, the bidding begun. For some reason she intrigued me and she seemed like a good choice.

The bidding started on half a million and got higher and higher till it was at three million. After a bit longer I won the bidding at 5 million, not able to let go of her.

An assistant announced I had won the slave and I got out of my chair. I paid the money and was led to a room where I waited for the human to arrive.

My name is Catherine Colgate. I am the sister of Valentina Colgate, the queen who leads this land. I decided to look for a suitable blood slave for her, because she hadn't ever had one before.

She has never really had much intrest in a personal slave, but I wanted to see if it would work out. Hopefully that way we will spare more humans from getting sucked dry. The only thing I knew for certain was that it had to be a female because she prefers the females over males.

I was happy with my choice and hoped Valentina would be too.

My sister had lost her way after being alive for so long. I picked this human, knowing she is broken and hopefully my sister will get back some emotion and start to take care of this girl.

After waiting for a bit, the door opened and a guard walked in with the girl in front of him.

He shoved the girl forward and she fell down on her knees in front of my feet. I heard her whimper a little but she stayed still and bowed her head.

I could already sense that she is really submissive. I looked at the guard and grabbed the leash and the key to her collar from his extended hand. After I gave him a nod, he left.

I softly placed my hand on her head and started petting her. She was shaking a bit and I didn't know if it was because of me or if she was cold. Probably both.

I wasn't really in favor of this whole slave situation, but it is what it is. It's not like I can do much about it. Humans have been enslaved to us vampires for so long.

I put a finger underneath her chin and lifted her face up. She looked up and hesitantly into my eyes. Her eyes were a beautiful soft brown. She had tears running down her cheeks and her lips were chapped and quivering.

"Hello little one. My name is Catherine. What's yours?" I asked her gently but still with a demanding voice.

She looked at me for a second and then answered. "E-Evelyn m-master." She whisperd to me. Her voice was so soft yet broken. Evelyn. That's a pretty name.

"Well let's get you out of here Evelyn. We still have a long way to go before we arrive at your new home." I told her and attached the black leather leash to her collar.

"Stand." I ordered. She did so immediately. Her head slightly lowered, looking at the ground.

"Good girl." I praised to her and walked  her to the exit and towards my carriage.

It was daylight out, but it's not like us vampires will burn into flames. The sun is just irritating to our skin and if we don't stand in it for too long, it won't do any harm. It's only the sun which can cause irritation. Daylight doesn't do anything to us.

Once arrived, my chauffeur was waiting next to my carriage, ready to take me back to the castle.

He opened the side door and greeted me with a nod of the head and a 'Welcome back miss'.

"Thank you William." I spoke back at him and got the girl seated in the carriage before I walked around and got in myself on the other side.

I turned to her and clipped off the leash and moved her closer to me.

"Sleep now human. It will be a while before we arrive." I told her and covered her with a blanket that laid next to me.

She looked very overwhelmed and cautiously leaned against me.

"It's okay. You're allowed to touch me." I told her knowing she is afraid of me.

She calmed down a little and closed her eyes after a moment. She was obviously very tired.

____________________

After almost a two hour drive, we were almost at the castle.

Evelyn was having a nightmare so I decided it's best to wake her up and get her ready.

"Wake up little one. We have almost arrived." I started shaking her a little.

She shoot up after a bit and whimpered while looking around her warringly.

"I-I'm sorry m-master" She shakingly said.

"Don't be sorry. You're okay." I told her and I gently put her leash back on her collar.

"We have arrived. I will bring you to my room where you can clean up and spend the night." I said.

She looked around at that and her eyes widened a bit when she saw the castle coming into view. I shuckeld a bit at that. She is so innocent yet she has been through so much.

We stopped in the parking space in front of the castle and William opened my door. I got out and walked around to get the girl.

"Come. Let's get you settled." She stepped out of the carriage and handed me her leash. I was surprised by that but quickly got over it.

"Good girl honey. Thank you." We walked up to the castle and the guards opened the big doors, greeting me with a nod.

I led her to my room and then locked the door behind me. I doubt she would run but just in case.

The first thing I did was release my hair out of the tight bun and take off my heels. My feet were acing. I don't know why I wear them.

I walked into my connected bathroom and started up a bath for Evelyn.

I know I seem too caring for a vampire but it's just how I am. I guess I got more of the emotions from our parents then Valentina did.

When I walked out of the bathroom, I saw the human kneeled in a submissive position. Her hands behind her back her head lowered.

My eyes softened at the sight of her.