CHAPTER 36

Chapter 36
Defeating The Monster

×

Catherine and I decided it would be best to go alone. That way, it would be less obvious that we are coming and he's probably there alone anyway, maybe some guards with him but not too many numbers. It's and outpost and they rarely get used.

We almost made it and had stopped a bit sooner than the destination to go over our plan once more.

"So, I will distract him and keep negotiating to save you some time and meanwhile you go find Evelyn. She should be in the dungeons in the basement." I said to my sister. We had decided that I would be the decoy and she would get my angel out of there before he would notice, seeing as he wants the throne from me.

But that whole plan quickly went out of the window when we arrived at the outpost. It wasn't deserted, in fact, there were a lot of vampires walking around. I thought at first that it were just his guards but after observing them for a minute I knew exactly that they were.

Rogue vampires.

Of course, obviously the rogues are led by Michael. He's been coming after my throne for too long. I guess the normal enemy VS enemy strategy didn't work for him so he brought the rogue vampires into it as well, no doubt promising unlimited feeding or something along those lines. Idiots.

I looked at my sister, thinking what to do next.

"We can't go back and get our people, it would cost too much time. We need to get her out now, who knows what he has already done to her." Catherine voiced out. She was right, we either need to fight our way through or do a stealth mission. We're stronger and faster than a lot of those vampires, but if there are so many, it's still going to be a challenge.

"I don't think we can go in and out undetected, he must have somebody guarding her." She nodded her head.

"The only option is to start snapping their necks, as many undetected as possible and then make our way to the dungeon and hope we're out before they wake up again."

A vampire only really dies if you rip off their head or rip out their heart and we obviously don't have time to do that to all of them, so snapping their neck is the fastest option. But they will wake up after around 20 minutes or so.

"Okay, let's do this sister. See you on the other side." We gave each other a quick hug and looked into the other's eyes, hers turning red and mine black. Then we sped off and began snapping as fast as we could, taking out as many as possible, starting from the side of the trees.

There seemed to be about 50 of them, luckily they weren't really paying attention and were spread out a lot, so we had the chance to snap about half of them in the first 5 minutes. After that, the timer started.

I hadn't seen Michael yet and I was already inside, leaving my sister to deal with the rest outside. I am guessing he was with Evelyn right now. I was really hoping he wasn't but it looks like I'm about to see for myself.

I approached the staircase down to the dungeons and made my way towards them. As I was walking down, I could hear water drops hitting the ground and smell the nasty air coming from the basement.

Then I started to smell something familiar, I smelled Evelyn's blood and her scent. It was weak, letting me know her condition isn't to good. Hold on little one.

I took the last step and started walking past the cells, she must be in the back somewhere. I decided to stop stalling and sped my way down.

I stopped in front of the cell and I had to find a way to contain myself at what I saw. I turned my hands into fists and had them so tight, my nails cut into my flesh, making me bleed.

Michael had my angel held in his grasp, a knife against her throat. He had obviously either heard I was coming or knew something was wrong.

I looked down at Evelyn, the sight of her made me want to tear Michael apart. And I would, very soon. I just have to find the right moment. She looked so broken. Not only her body, which was bruised and bloody, but also the look in her eyes.

"Look who has arrived slut, it's your precious master." He said, before looking at me. He knew I wouldn't do anything with her at knife point. But I had to hurry.

"Give up the throne, kneel for me and you can have your sad excuse of a slave back, or what's left of her anyway." He laughed out.

I let out a deep growl. "Enough games. Drop the knife." I ordered him, using my compulsion. He widened his eyes and dropped the knife, not expecting to accually do it. Barely anyone knew of my powers, it comes in handy in times like these.

My angel started coughing and fell forward, no having enough strength to stay up by herself. I was about to come to her, but was completely caught off guard as someone attacked me from my side. I was so focused on Evelyn that I hadn't noticed anyone else was down here. When I faced them, I immediately knew who it was. Sebastian. He was indeed turned.

The next few moments all happened so quick. I didn't know what to do.

I saw Michael approach Evelyn while he had picked up his knife again, I noticed Sebastian was getting ready to attack me once more, and I heard the door to the dungeon open. I could only hope it was my sister because I'm about to need her.

I tried to get past Sebastian to stop Michael from slitting Evelyns throat, but I wasn't fast enough. I watched as he grabbed her and lifted her head, then slit the knife from one side to the other. Blood started dripping down in fast speed. I could only scream out as I tried to get rid of Sebastian.

Rage flew through me as I reached out to him and pushed my hand straight through his chest. He looked at me with a chocked expression before I pulled my arm back, his heart coming with me. I crushed it before throwing it away. He turned an ugly grey color before falling limb to the floor.

I quickly made my way into the cell. Luckily I noticed my sister had arrived as I dragged Michael away from Evelyn. I was stronger then my sister, so I had to fight Michael.

"You're going to pay for this you piece of shit." I said as I started hitting him across the face, delivering punch after punch.

We continued to fight back and forth, beating each other up. I was stronger then him, but he had slightly more muscle.

"Val, she's to far gone! We need to turn her!" I heard my sister scream out. I knew I had to hurry at that moment. So I finished Michael off as quickly as I could. I had hoped to torture him for all the things he has done but Evelyn is more important.

"Rip your own head off." I ordered him, using my compulsion once more.

I made my way beside my sister and pulled my angel on my lap. She was to far gone, meaning feeding her blood won't be enough to heal her anymore. So if I want to have her back, I need to turn her. My sister knew I wanted to be the one to do it, so she hadn't started the process yet.

"It's going to be okay my angel, just rest for now." I said as I dropped some of my blood into her mouth. After making sure she has enough in her system, I snap her neck, killing her.

I closed my eyes and hoped I wasn't too late. I listened to Michael as he finally ripped his head off, his screams dying down. The monster is finally defeated.

Now let's hope my angel is ready for her next chapter.