CHAPTER 25

Chapter 25
Old Memories Resurface

×

*Valentina's POV

He was her old master? Now I hate him even more.

His name is Michael Lewis. He has been trying to overthrow me for as long as I can remember. He and his little army.

I knew he has had more slaves than anyone can count because he either gets tired of them or kills them.

But I never thought that Evelyn was his slave once. Although it would explain her nightmares and trust issues. He must have hurt her a lot. He disgusts me, the way he treats slaves. They are blood slaves, not things to abuse for your enjoyment or stick your penis in whenever you feel like it.

He is also a Lewis. The very same family name that was the cause of my parents death so many years ago.

-

He smirked at me and looked between me and my pet.

"You really chose that whore as your slave? You can do so much better. I'm surprised you haven't killed her yet." Narrowed my eyes on him and then decided I had enough of is remarks.

I sped over to him and grabbed him by his neck as I brought him over to the dinner table, slamming is back on top of it. He groaned a bit before he started laughing and spit out some blood.

"Guards please escort mister Lewis out of here. If he wants to talk to me about my pet, he can schedule a meeting." Michael looked me dead in my eyes and then sped away before the guards could touch him.

"Please carry on with what you were doing. And somebody clean this up. " I said, referring to the mess on the table where I had slammed Michael on.

I looked around, searching for my pet. I luckily saw her beside my sister but she looked a bit shaken up. I decided it's best to take her out of here so she can calm down.

The last few weeks have been sort of a roller-coaster. She is making me feel more human by the day and I'm honestly a bit afraid to explore those feelings.

She really is something else. She deserves so much more than what she's been through. I will make Michael pay once and for all and end this rivalry.

I snapped my fingers, gesturing her to follow me. She numbly walked behind me and I walked towards the exit of the castle where the garden is.

Knowing she doesn't have any shoes on, I picked her up. She let out a surprised squeal and quickly wrapped her legs around my waist and arms around my neck to keep herself from falling.

I sped us over to a place I haven't been in a while, feeling like this was a good time to do so.

Somewhere in the back of the garden is a path that leads to a door. On the other side are stairs that lead underground to a semetery where all the fallen warriors lay. My parents included. Although only their bones lay there now.

I open the door, using some of my strength while I hold my pet close against me.

"I'm going to show you something that no one else knows. Except my sister because she was there."

"Why?" She softly questions.

"Because I want to." Was all I said, before entering.

I used my speed to find the right graves and stopped before them. There were a lot of melted candles around it and some dead flowers.

"You can let go now my pet." She did so slowly and looked around with curiosity in her eyes.

Then her eyes landed on the graves and her eyes widened as she recognized the last name.

Colgate

"Are these-"

"My parents graves. Correct. They died a long, long time ago." I watched as she gave me a sad look and then sat down on the ground in front of them.

I ignored the fact that she was basically ruining her dress because of the moment but it still irritated me.

I stood beside her petted her hair carefully, trying not to mess up her hair but also bring comfort to the both of us. After a bit, she leaned against my leg.

"Many years ago, we were a family of three. My parents and I. Then, my mother had had an affair with another man and my sister was born. That's why we have such different colored hair. My father found out later that she had cheated but they somehow managed to work it out so we could stay one family.

Some years later, a couple of vampires managed to enter our home and turned all of us. There weren't many vampires in that time and we were one of the very first.

It was a struggle, figuring out what we were and trying to survive. We hid in the woods and fed from animals.

A lot of years passed and somehow some humans found out about us and grouped up together to try and kill us. We hadn't expected them, so they caught us off guard. They managed to kill our parents but Catherine and I had just enough time to speed away while our parents held them off.

That's how the war started. We were enraged by the humans and lost our humanity. My sister somehow got it back but I never did.

Not until now, because of you." Her sad, soft brown eyes looked up at me, not really knowing what to say.

"Why did you tell me this?"

"Because the last name of the humans that killed my parents is Lewis. The same lineage that your old master is from." Her mouth fell open at that.

She stood up and cautiously wrapped her little arms around me, giving me a hug. "I'm sorry about your parents master." I kissed her temple and wrapped my arms around her too.

"It's okay little one, I don't even really remember it." She nodded a bit but stayed in my arms. I listened to her heartbeat and heard her blood flow when I focused on it.

"Could I tell you something too? About my time with my old master?" She said, unsurely.

"Of course, if you wish to do so."

"I want to tell you, but maybe back in the bedroom. I'm starting to get cold."

"I will bring you back to the chambers so I can finish up the event and then I'm all ears okay?"

"Yes master." I picked her up, speeding us in the castle.

____________________

After I had held a speach for all the people that had attended and made some more conversations with some allies, I finished up the party and they all left.

Opening the door to my bedroom, I looked inside, searching for my pet.

"Angel? Are you here?" I walked around for a bit, also looking in the bathroom. I found her dress neatly folded on the bed with her underwear on top. She had undressed herself for me.

Then I noticed some movement from the corner of my eye.

There she was, curled up inside her cage. With tear-streaks across her face.