CHAPTER 33

Chapter 33
When Things Don't Go As Planned

×

My mind was still a bit hazy, but I needed some space to process it all and I think she noticed I was getting a bit overwhelmed too.

So after the kiss, she brought me to Sam to spend some time with her and calm down a bit. I had also brought my drawing with me, so I could give it to her.

Before my master left, she gave me a quick kiss to my temple before leaving. I know Sam noticed, but she hadn't said anything yet.

"What's going on Eve? Did something happen? Why did the queen leave you here? It's getting late." She started questioning me while walking up to me.

"Nothing happened, I just came to um give you the gift. You know, because you won the challenge?" She looked at me like she knew there was more going on, but ignored it for now.

I handed her the drawing and nervously sat down on her bed. She looked at it with amazement. "You made this?"

I nodded my head and watched as she sat next to me. "It's really beautiful, thank you. I will hang it on the wall." I smiled but then looked down at my lap.

"Are you sure nothing happened? You know you can tell me anything. Did the queen hurt you... In some way?" She looked at me with worry. Then I realized what she meant.

"Oh! No, it wasn't like that. She didn't hurt me. But we did something, and I don't exactly know how to feel about it." She was trying to figure out what I meant.

"What did you do?" She softly asked me.

"I kissed my master." I said, a tear fell down my face and I watched as it landed on my lap. I think I finally realized what had all just happened.

"Hey, it's okay. It didn't seem like she was upset about it when she dropped you off. I saw her give you that kiss before she left." She tried to lighten the mood but I didn't say anything and I just hugged Sam.

"Oh, honey. Please don't cry. It makes me sad seeing you like this. Tell me what you're thinking."

"That's the problem. I don't know what to think. I know this could never work out. I'm human and she's a vampire, a queen at that. It's frowned upon to be with each other. And even if it wasn't, I will grow old and die and she won't. I just, I don't know Sammy." I let out a frustrated sigh, not really knowing how to explain.

"So you like each other?" She said. I looked at her.

"That's all you picked up from that?" She let out a chuckle.

Before we could talk any further, the door barged open. I was surprised to see Sebastian standing in the doorway. How did he even come here?

"You guys have to come now. I found a way out!" He harshly whispered. I looked up at him, confused.

"What are you even saying? How did you find my room?" Sam questioned while standing in front of me.

"I found a way to escape, we have to go now before they notice we're gone." I stood up from the bed and slowly approached him.

"You can go if you want. But I think I prefer to stay." I don't even know if he did find a way out, or what was happening. Everything is going so fast. But one thing I know is that I don't want to leave master Valentina.

His expression changed and he started getting angry. "What do you mean you don't want to leave? You're a slave here. Oh, I know. She has been brainwashing you hasn't she? Don't worry, I'll get you out of here." He walked up to me and grabbed my wrist, he started dragging me out of the room but was stopped by Sam.

"Don't touch her, let her go or I'll scream and you'll be in a lot of trouble." She was blocking the door.

"I really wished this was going to be easier, but you leave me no choice." Before Sam or I could figure out what he meant, he threw a rock at Sam's head, making her fall on the ground, passed out.

I was too chocked to scream and before I came to my senses, he put a rag against my nose and mouth and I started to feel sleepy. Inside my head I was screaming, but from the outside I could do nothing but watch as my vision started to darken and feel my body start to go limb.

____________________

*Sebastian's POV

This is bad. It wasn't supposed to go like this. They were supposed to want to escape with me.

Luckily my sire had already expected things to go differently and had given me some items to make it easier to take her.

I didn't want to do this but I had no choice, literally.

It was the day of the Royal Event, and I was tending the horses that everyone had arrived on.

Out of nowhere, someone grabbed me and slammed me up against the wall of the stables. I looked up into the red eyes of a vampire, he seemed really mad, but I didn't know why. I had never seen him before.

"You're going to help me with something stable boy. And after I'm done with you, you'll have no choice but to do as I say." He started saying while breathing harshly in my face.

Before I could ask him what all this was about, he bit his own hand and forced me to drink his blood. After I had swallowed some, he snapped my neck and everything went dark.

When I had woken up in a unknown place, I surely thought I was dead. But then he came into the room.

"Welcome back, finally. Now that you're awake, I can tell you what to do and sent you back before they notice you're gone."

I looked at him, horrified. But then I noticed something was different. I could hear, see and smell better then before.

"You killed me." I said in disbelief. I watched as he laughed like some psychopath.

"Of course I did. And now that I turned you, you're sired to me and I can make you do anything I want." He grabbed me and looked me in the eyes.

"I'm going to send you back and you're going to continue to act like a miserable stable boy. When the time is right, you will kidnap Evelyn Johnson and bring her back to me. You can't tell anyone of this plan." I stopped fighting him and he let go of me.

For some reason I agreed. "Yes sire, I will bring Evelyn Johnson to you." He looked satisfied with my answer and then brought me back to the castle undetected.

Every time I tried to fight his orders, my head would start pounding and my nose would start bleeding. It would feel like I was dying.

So I had no choice but to accept my faith as a vampire and come up with a plan. When nobody was looking, I had digged a way underneath the castle somewhere in the back where the walls were weaker and a bit damaged. It was so perfect when the queen had left for a day, I had gotten so far with the tunnel.

And now as I was walking with Evelyn passed out in my arms, I was finally feeling that awful headache start to dissappear.

I made my way through the tunnel and sped to my sire before she would start to wake up.