CHAPTER 41

Chapter 41
Taking Care Of The Problem

×

"Be good, I'll be back soon. I asked Catherine to take care of you and make sure you have enough blood." I told Evelyn as I was getting ready to leave.

I had gone over the plan with my army and we were ready to kill them all. I think I'll just take the slaves with me.

"I will. Be carefull." She told me with worried eyes.

"Always." I said. But I know I couldn't leave her behind without telling her how I felt. You never know what might happen.

So before I left, I leaned into her for a kiss and whispered the three words she had told me yesterday back in her ear.

"I love you too Evelyn." As I was walking away, I looked back to see her chocked but relieved expression.

I turned around, grinning like an idiot.

-

We were on our way to the outposts, deciding we would take those out first.

All the guards had their horses with them and some fighters had carriages to transport the slaves in if we find any.

I could sense we were all ready for some bloodshed and couldn't wait to spill it.

After we had arrived, we formed into position and split up into a couple groups.

One hitting from behind, one the front and some the sides. We also had bow shooters that took care of the guards on lookout.

Our strategy was to snap their necks first and then decapitate their heads.

-

After we took over the outposts, we marched to the minimal sized castle that Michael used to live in.

By now we were all covered in blood from head to toe. We had found some slaves that the guards had put in the carriages and unfortunately lost some people. But not too many.

Surprisingly, taking over the castle wasn't that hard. There weren't that many vampires and they also weren't prepared for a war at all.

It went by pretty quickly. And after we dealt with the remaining enemies, I sent my men out to search for slaves.

I didn't want to leave them behind here and I could always use some more maids to help with services or farmers to take care of the garden.

I decided to search the dungeons, thinking there would be some people down there.

And I was right. Not that many, but there were vampires and humans. I killed the vampires and freed the humans, telling them to go upstairs and wait so they can  be transported.

As I was coming closer to the end of the hallway, I noticed two humans together in one of the cells. They seemed to be in bad condition and looked like they were in their fifties.

Both of them were pretty thin, because the rags of clothes that they wore basically hung off their bodies.

"Please, I beg of you, don't kill us." The man said, as he noticed me coming closer.

I checked the other cells first and let the remaining humans go, before opening the cell that occupied the man and woman.

"Calm down. You're being transported to another location where you will be staying." I announced to them.

Something about them seemed familiar in a way, but I had never met them before. I'll keep an eye on them, but for now, let's get out of here.

After all the vampire enemies had been taken care of and the remaining humans were in the carriages, we packed up and began making our way back to the castle.

-

The next day, we arrived. The guards took the humans to one of the open areas for now. It had been a long trip and I decided to let everyone rest.

I also couldn't wait any longer to see my angel. I had missed her a lot.

____________________

*Evelyn's POV

After she had those words, I think I had a silent heart attack.

I had never thought she would feel the same way. But now that she confirmed it, I couldn't get any happier.

I sat on the bed for a couple of minutes, just creepily smiling to myself like an idiot while going over what she said again and again.

I was really nervous about her going to fight those vampires and hoped that she wasn't going to get hurt. But I had faith and reminded myself who she was and that she could handle herself just fine.

I took some blood and grabbed my sketch book, those things helping to distract and calm me down.

-

The next day, I was awoken by soft lips kissing my neck. I let out a groan and opened my eyes. The first thing I see were those all to familiar obsidian black orbs staring back at me.

"Hi." She said while chuckling a bit as she saw my expression.

I didn't say anything back. I just hugged her tight, thankfull she wasn't hurt or anything bad had happened and I let out a relieved breath.

"I'm okay. Everything is okay." She reassured me and pulled me back to kiss me on my lips.

We stayed in each other's embrace for a bit longer, enjoying the comfort it brought and glad that we're both alright.

"Did everything go okay?" I asked her.

"It did. We took care of all the enemies and remaining rogue vampires in the area and brought all the slaves with us."

"What will happen to them?" I asked unsure, wanting to find out.

"They will remain here in the castle for now. Some will become maids and others can work in the garden. I won't give them to other vampires. They have suffered enough already. But this is the next best thing I can offer for now." I nodded my head.

"Could I see them? Maybe I can bring them some food?" I hesitantly asked Valentina. She looked at me with an unsure expression.

"It's not a pretty sight and I'm not sure if it is a good idea if you go in there. Especially because you're still transforming. You could lose control around so much humans." I looked away, sad but I knew she was right. I couldn't even control myself around Sam and she was one human, let alone 50 or something.

"But, I know you want to help them. You're a good soul and I love that about you." I am pretty sure that I would be blushing right now if I wasn't a vampire.

"So I will allow it. But only if you stay within my sight at all times. That way I can sire you to stop if I really needed to. Luckily your control should be better now that it's been a bit since you first woke up." She sighed, giving in.

"Thank you, I appreciate it." I said, giving her a deep kiss.