"Shizukana," you yawn, "what is it?"

"Uhm," he stutters, "th-the advisory wants to see you."

You tilt your head. "What for? It's been a long day, and I'd quite like to sleep."

"I'm afraid that's what it's about." Your guard says, walking off. You follow, racking your mind through your sleepiness. What could make such a serious guard like Shizukana so flustered and blushy?

You walk down the silent halls, listening to the beautiful quiet. You run a hand through your hair, feeling a simple sense of peace and happiness.

You're married to Shoto.

You're no longer a Mizuki, but a Todoroki. What could possibly make this better?

Once you've arrived at the advisory room, you wrap your arms around your body, feeling the stares of all the advisors on you. You blush in embarrassment.

But when you feel Shoto drape a jacket over your shoulders, you only blush more. 

"Thank you," you whisper to him. He only nods.

You clench your husband's jacket around you, glaring at the old men in the room. King Todoroki is also here, in the middle of all the advisors. You also spot Sobakasu.

"What is so important that it had to interrupt my peace?" You grumble, "It's been quite a long day, as I'm sure you know."

One of the advisors clears his throat, looking at you. "One of the reasons for this marriage is to ensure that the kingdom has a liable heir to the throne someday."

You blink. "Yeah?"

Shoto shifts behind you, and you look at him quizzically. 

You look around the room, and when you see Sobakasu blushing, everything clicks.

Oh.

"Consummation is only expected of royals after marriage," the old man says, and all the eyes in the room turn to the newly wedded couple, "to secure an heir for the future."

"No witnesses are required, but white bedsheets will be issued to ensure that the marriage has been fulfilled."

Ew. Okay. Um.

"O-Oh . . . Okay," you say, still relatively creeped out by the fact that a bunch of old men just told you to sleep with your new husband. Let's just say, you're very uncomfortable.

"The room will be readied," one says, nodding, "you are dismissed."

You glance at Shoto, whose eyes are wide and cheeks are red. 

Looks like he got the hint.

You take his hand carefully, leaning on his shoulder.

A/N:

Okay, guys, yes, I know that was the most awkward thing I have ever written, but I'm trying to be historically accurate, and, well . . . (time for a history lesson)

. . . back in the royal days, consummation was required between newly weds, to make sure that there would be an heir and to confirm the two kingdoms' alliance. But here's the catch: to make sure the new couple had sex, they would have people come in and watch them.

Yeah, I'm not about to write that. (they would also give them white sheets and check the sheets in the morning for blood)

So, we're going a little off track here, because I'm not. I'm not writing that. ew. gross. safjhdskdhkdlsjdjhdsgjhaskdasdhhfdsahfds

yeah, I feel bad for all the royals in the medieval times. yikes.

Also, next chapter won't be full on intense smutty lemon sex time with Todoroki, because no, I'm sorry, I'm a teenager don't make me write that

but there will be fluff and lots of kissing (possibly lime?)

so

yeah, if you don't like that kind of stuff, just skip the next chapter. Don't worry, I won't write anything important in there, just cuddle time, nothing really plot-relevent

sorry for the long author's note

love you guys

-Carly