it's okay so stop worrying [Ray]

Start from the beginning

"I panicked," she admitted blushing and looked down at her hands in her lap. We were sitting down again after I had had taken out the good ice cream to celebrate because champagne definitely was off limits. The blanket draped over us got strangled by Kristin's fingers and I put my own over her hand to stop the motion. "We never talked about kids, hell I don't even know if he likes them. What if Mikey's not ready?"

"What am I not ready for?" Mikey asked from the door.

Kristin and I flinched violently at the noise and turned to him. What didn't help were our guilty expressions as we saw the whole band stand there and watch us.

"Baby?" Mikey pressured gently but definitely freaked out.

My best friend sent me a panicked look and I tried my best to look reassuring. But then, I shot the same expression at my boyfriend, somehow hoping that he could help. His presence was nearly enough to calm me down though. And the soft smile and relieved smile to see me let the butterflies in my stomach do step dances all over again.

"Is that my hoodie, Y/N?" Ray asked with a wink and came over to us. He knew exactly how to dissolve the tension in the room and I could kiss him for that.

After Ray had made the first move, everyone got back in motion, Gerard and Frank scurrying off to the kitchen. Probably to give them space but also to steal food.

While Ray tugged at the strings of the hoodie and leaned down for a short peck on the lips, Mikey and Kristin stared at each other intensely.

"Yup. It's mine now, and I don't plan on giving it back," I told him and pouted as I got up. It smelled like him and made me feel warm and safe everywhere I went.

One last pat on Kristin's shoulder and I pulled Ray back out with me to leave the couple to themselves and talk this out.

Outside, Ray leaned against the tree in front of the house and pulled me into his chest. "So what was that about?"

I grinned and cuddled into his warmth, his arms wrapped around my waist protectively. That was maybe the main reason why I fell in love with him. Ray was there for the people he loved and would die for them in an instant, always worried about their well-being. It was something that made Ray the person he was and it gave you the feeling of being loved and cared for but it also wore him out. And for these times, I was there and caught him, assuring him that I would always be there for him and give him time to rest and not be responsible for everyone. We could share this burden if he let me.

"Kris freaked out about something that most likely is absolutely not a thing worth worrying over. And if her fears come true, I have to kill a man," I explained to Ray, intentionally keeping it vague as I didn't know how soon Kristin wanted to tell everybody.

Ray understood that and nodded. Then, he put his head down so our foreheads were touching and I could feel his breath on my face. "You're an awesome friend to her, you know that? I love you, Y/N."

"I love you too Ray," I whispered and moved my head up a little more so our lips were touching.

It stayed innocent like that, barely any movement, just relishing in the feeling of being close to each other. Ray's hands stayed on my back and slowly drew warm circles on my skin as my own fingers moved to the sides of his face, cupping his cheeks.

"Hey lovebirds! The other lovebirds want to tell us something so get your asses inside!" Frank shouted from the door and waved for us to come.

Ray chuckled against my lips. Defiantly, I pulled him closer, not ready to let him go. And maybe to annoy Frank a little bit as revenge for last time he interrupted us.