Oh Joy, Overthinking [Mikey]

Start from the beginning

What was a small gesture of giving me privacy soon turned into an opportunity to dwell on my insecurities again. Did I drool in my sleep? How would I know? God, it would be so embarrassing to drool on him. And what faces did I do at night?

Just as Mikey walked back in the room, I made the decision to fall asleep after him so he wouldn't see my face. Perfect.

Getting ready took almost double the time it did normally, again accompanied by worries. Was an oversized t-shirt and a leggings appropriate things to wear? I was sleeping at my boyfriend's, shouldn't I have something more revealing? Or more covered up as we hadn't gone this far by now? It did show a lot of my collar bone...

"Y/N? Are you okay in there?" Mikeys soft voice came through the bathroom door.

I shook myself out of it and spit the toothpaste into the sink. I had been staring at my reflection for definitely too long mow. "Yeah, sorry."

Relieved, I noticed that Mikey was wearing equally casual clothes, an old shirt too and some sweatpants. And he was smiling that cute little smile I had fallen in love with. It made my insecurities disappear for long enough to smile back.

Then, we walked back to his room and stood in front of the bed only the tiniest bit awkward. But Mikey was awkward too so I felt better.

And then he snorted. "This is so weird. Come on, let's just lie down."

So we did this. For a moment, we only looked into each others eyes, still on top of the creased blankets and then erupted into giggles again.

"We're so awkward," I exclaimed and moved closer to him at the same time.

Mikey nodded and put his arm under my head so I could rest it in the crook of his neck. "Yup. But I wouldn't want it any other way. Can we move around though? That's kind of uncomfortable."

"Sure but uhm, how?" I asked and cringed at my own voice.

Before I could beat up myself too much, Mikey tilted his head to look at me and pouted. "You move on your back so I can lay my head on your chest?"

"Okay," I breathed out and rolled back around.

Then, my boyfriend shuffled over to me on his stomach and made cute little noises, that made me laugh in return. It was almost like he knew what kind of thoughts were running through my head and decided to distract me with silly antics. I swore that I was falling harder for him by the second.

And then, we were comfortable. Mikey had his head on my chest and both of his arms wrapped around my waist somehow. My one hand was playing with his hair again while the other was placed on his back.

I could feel him breathe and I was sure that he could hear my heartbeat speed up as worries crept back into my head. There was so much that could go wrong. One jerk of my knee and Mikey would ball up in pain.

"Hey Darling, it's alright. What are you worried about?" Mikey asked and moved his head to look up at me.

I sighed, knowing that I wouldn't get away from answering this time. "It's stupid, really."

Just like I thought, Mikey didn't give up. Stubborn Ways. "I don't care. You're extremely tired and still your heart feels like you just ran a marathon. It's okay if you don't want to sleep here, I can take the couch or make Gerard drive you-"

"No!" That was the last thing I wanted. "No, it's just... I worry too much. Like that I could knee you in the balls on accident or might make weird faces or something like this."

Instead of laughing, like I was certain he would, Mikey only kissed my exposed collar bone gently. "Darling, Y/N, you don't worry too much. That's okay and to be honest, I would be lying if I said that I dodi think about this too. But it's so much better to focus on the better things. Like, for me it feels so great to have you in my arms or be in yours and that's something I had been looking forward to for so long now and I don't want to let this get weird by my insecurities. Or yours. You're perfect the way you are and I couldn't wish for someone else to be here with me."

And like this, I had tears in my eyes. Goddammit, Mikey was really the sweetest person on this whole planet. I couldn't bring myself to answer so I only kissed the top of his head again and tightened my grip on him, hoping that it would show him what I was unable to say for now.

Mikey seemed to get it as I felt him smile on my skin. My heartbeat had calmed down again what didn't go unnoticed by my boyfriend. "And all problems aside, I really really want to sleep right now."

"Me too, Baby," I murmured and moved the hand in his hair to his neck as I adjusted my position in the pillows slightly.

So I switched off the light and closed my eyes. Mikey's breathing slowed down almost immediately and I let this steady sound lull me to sleep as well.

---

Happy Valentine's Day! (Let's just ignore that it's past midnight for me and I'm technically late)

I hope you all have a great day whether you spend it somewhere with a loved one or alone in your room with lots of chocolate (like me).

Love you guys and stay safe💜