Chapter 28

TW: Filler Chapter, Unfortunately, Logan's Bio Dad, Langauge Probably, On The Bright Side We Got Some Fluff, Logan Says Something Romantic

Four Hundred and Thirty-Eight Days After Escape | Wednesday | November 5th

They arrived home just as the sun had begun to appear. The rest of the city was changing out of pajamas and drinking their first cup of coffee while they were changing out of costumes and moving onto cup two. Both Logan and Virgil gave tired and grumpy goodbyes to their boyfriends as they left to go to their morning classes. Roman and Patton headed off to work soon after, they had both apologized and though not forgiven they had also said they would try and refrain from doing something similar anytime soon. 

There was little they could do about Remy and Medusa having been added to the list of missing supers. Patton had suggested they try and find Medusa's parents and notify them of what had happened. They knew he was in high school, and a few conversations had revealed some of the classes he took. They had even seen his face for a short time, if Logan could access the local school's records they may be able to locate him. Logan had promised to look into it later in the evening.

Virgil was terrified of what he'd tell Remy's parents. He didn't know how he'd break any of this to them. How exactly how do you tell someone their son had had superpowers since he was thirteen, had been a supervillain since he was seventeen, and that in the past week he had had two encounters with a super weird, unknown, and creepy group of people that had tried to kidnap him twice? 

Well, honestly it really didn't seem like too different of a conversation than the one they might have to have with Medusa's parents if they were able to find them, but that was beside the point.

The four had agreed on attempting to do some research about whoever these people were and maybe attempting a rescue if it didn't seem like a completely stupid idea. But for now, they just wanted to remain safe. And so they shed their costumes and once again entered their life of normalcy. Returning to their lives as civilians, nothing more than college students with jobs that didn't pay enough and dreams that were yet to be achieved.

None of them noticed they were being followed.

Four Hundred and Thirty-Nine Days After Escape | Thursday | November 6th

"It takes three years for cactuses to grow just a few centimeters!" Izzy said excitedly as she stood on her chair. Last summer Izzy had decided she was done learning about animals and had now taken up wanting to learn as much as she could about plants. She was always very excited to share what she had learned with Logan, and apparently, she was currently learning about the cactus.

"Cacti," Logan corrected automatically, "the plural of cactus is cacti."

Izzy's eyes widened at the knowledge, "Like with the octopus?"

"Yes, exactly. Sit down please Izzy, this is a good transition into your English homework I believe, you're learning about plural words now, let's take a look."

"Next week, I'ma learn about the diaporthe eres," Izzy said as she took a seat, "It's an invasive species. They kill other plants! Cool right!?"

"Yes, very cool. It'd be cooler if you'd use proper grammar but it is still plenty cool."

"If I was a plant I'd wanna be like the eres or the cacti," Izzy told him, pulling a folder with crudely drawn plants out of her bag, "That way, I could protect me and Adam, and nobody would touch us. Cause I'd kill 'em"

"Your determination to protect yourself and your friend is admirable Izzy, however, please keep in mind that murder is illegal and therefore a less preferable option. Tell me what the plural of mouse is."