[5: Sweep You Off Your Feet]

~To The Story~

Your walk with Karma was... painful. Now you know that you were the one who offered to have a casual walk with him, however, Karma had other plans. While taking a stroll with him, he suddenly had the idea of buying a video game. That was fine with you until you realized that the game store was almost an hour by foot!

Your feet started to hurt after 20 minutes and when you asked him if you could take a break but he said he'll just ditch you. Begrudgingly, you kept following him. Ignoring the pain surging through your feet. While trying to take your mind off it, you tried to engage small talks with him just to avoid awkward tension, but it was fruitless 'cause he either ignored you or gave you a one-word answer like Itona does.

You thought you would be able to get more rest once arriving at the destination. Sadly, after not even spending a minute inside Karma said they weren't selling any games to his liking and smiled innocently with a fake apology. For a split second there, you wanted to kick his crotch. Of course he was going to make you walk for an hour with him only to say that this whole walk to the game shop was pointless.

"If you space out, you'll get lost." You stopped at the sound of Karma's voice, breaking out of your bubble. You halted your tracks and saw that he was facing you. He had been walking ahead of you since your pacing has slowed down due to the pain in your feet.

You don't know why he didn't seem as exhausted as you were considering the two of you have been walking about the same length. Maybe he was wearing more comfortable shoes than you? Ugh, you should have worn sneakers instead of these flats

"Uh... Sorry." You said meekly.

"You shouldn't have offered me to take a stroll with you if you aren't able to keep up." Karma quipped.

'Drop dead.'

"Right." You mumbled, deciding not to argue with him and kept any vile words to yourself.

It was the fourth day and you were still acting the same as the first day he met you. It was grinding. By now Karma thought you were going to at least start showing signs that you hated him. The others did. You have no reason to be nice to him. He pretended to be nice to you at first only for him to pour his drink on you. He scared you with a snake and released a dozen more in your room. Broke your window last night. And on top of that, he'll try his best to poke insults at you.

Yet, here you are, managing to be civil towards him despite him seeing the anger in your eyes. Karma hated it.

Fidgeting in place, you manage to say without stuttering, "Look, the reason I asked you to go on a stroll is so we can learn to get along and to show you I'm not so bad."

"Aw, how cute. You want to get along with little ol' me?" Karma took a step towards you. His hand grabbed your cheeks and playfully squished them. "Let's be real here." He sneered, his voice sounding less playful. "You don't want to get along with me and neither do I so drop that stupid act of yours 'cause you're pissing me off. I have intentions of playing house with you."

His playful expression was quickly shifted to a passive-aggressive state. You haven't seen this expression on him before. He's mad because he can tell you're pretending to be nice? That's not your fault! You're just trying to survive this guy stupid game. That aside, you want to get along with him. You didn't want to be on each other's throat for the rest of your life.

With your cheeks still being squished, you said. "But I want us to get along."

You saw how Karma's expression fell to utter annoyance and confusion.