[36: Tough Decision]

~To The Story~

Stepping into a home you've only lived in for several months gave you a strange sense of warmth. You weren't sure what this feeling was for a second because it felt extremely foreign to you. Yet, you don't reject it. You basket it. Is this what it feels like to be at home? Strange. For a while, you felt more like a guest here. But, these past few months brought you more comfort than your old home could ever provide you.

"I'll see you later." Karma, who has been carrying your bag until now, settles it on your bed. "I should get some work done. I snuck out without telling anyone. They're probably already pissed."

You felt a sense of uneasiness going through you. Karma has to leave you to attend to his own stuff. Meaning, he's going to have to leave you alone. And, in all honesty, you weren't sure if you should be left isolated.

It seemed as though Karma picked up on your uneasy demeanour.

"What's with that face? Do you want me all to yourself? Is that it~?" Karma leaned semi-close to your face with a teasing grin.

"N-no.That's..." The colour red clouded your cheeks momentarily, which Karma wasn't expecting but he welcomed it nonetheless. "That's not it." You sighed, shrinking yourself back from his face. You glanced off to the side and sighed. "I'm sorry. I know I'm sounding paranoid right now."

As a response, Karma gently pinched your cheek.

"You're safe here." He smiles with reassurance. "There is nothing to worry about."

You wish his words worked like a magic spell. He would tell you that everything is okay and just like that, all your worries would cease to exist. Only, it doesn't.

"Okay," was all you ended up saying softly.

Karma wished there was more he can say or do to put you at ease. He could stay with you, but that won't solve anything in the grand scheme of things. The two of you can't always stick close by. You need your space just as much as he does.

He realizes now that sending you back to your dad's place was a huge mistake. The attempt of kidnapping aside, returning to your childhood home must have resurfaced some unpleasant memories, affecting your mental health.

The worst part is, he knew you had problems with your father. And yet, he made you go back home. What was he thinking? Karma is usually better with his deliberations. Well, for one thing, he was scared. Seeing you bleed out like that freaked him out more than he will admit. It clouded his mind the whole day.

He was scared it was going to happen again so he thought the best course of action was to get you out of his domain. But, clearly, that was a mistake.

Karma rubbed the back of his neck.

Shouldn't he apologize?

Wait a minute. For what?

Karma had to do some mental gymnastics in his head to figure out why his first instinct is to apologize to you.

Well, he did send you back to your dreaded home without much thought. The least he can do is say sorry and give you some sort of comfort.

Karma opened his mouth but closed it right away.

No, there is no reason for him to apologize. He couldn't have known how any of this would have turned out.

Karma pressed his lips together, increasingly growing more annoyed with himself. He knows he shouldn't blame himself for what happened, but the fact that he couldn't just do something as simple as apologize to you really irked him. Hell, he still hasn't properly apologized for the mistreatment he gave you all those months ago.