[23: Black Sheep]

~To The Story~

You could hardly read Karma's facial expression as his eyes skimmed over the party invitation. You waited quietly and patiently, expecting his answer to be a positive one. Currently, the only sound being made was the muffled soundtrack coming from Karma's game. He had to put it on pause when you handed him the invitation.

Finally, he spoke, but not in the way you were hoping for, but not before letting out a very long sigh.

"What a pain," he muttered, his shoulders drooping and sounding annoyed. He handed you back the invitation.

Karma unpaused his game and went back to playing, the soundtrack becoming a bit louder.

"Huh?" You blinked, surprised by his vexation. You glanced at the invitation then back at him. "What's wrong? You don't want to go?"

"No, not really." He admits flatly, being able to talk to you and focus even on this difficult level.

You just sat there, feeling a tad bit disappointed. It was rather strange. This would be the first time in ever that you were looking forward to going to a Yakuza party. Also, it would have been helpful if you went. You've accepted the life you're living in and it would have been good if you found a kinship with others like you.

"Why don't you want to go?" You asked curiously, pressing further into the topic before Karma gets tired of it.

You wonder if this has anything to do with him not getting along with the eldest Takebayashi.

"Because parties like these are super boring," Karma complained. "It's always business talk at the end. Besides, Katsu is the one hosting it." He grimaced.

Ah, so your intuitions were right. So Katsu is his name.

"I heard you don't get along with the eldest. Why?"

"Don't worry about it," was Karma's immediate response.

You furrowed your brows, finding his answer off.

"Either way, we're not going." Karma declared, his voice leaving no room for arguments.

If Karma finds something boring, you can do nothing to convince him to change his mind. The second option can be to go by yourself but according to the address written here, the party is going to take place outside of Karma's territory. There is no way Karma would let you go alone to someone else's domain.

And bringing along someone else like Itona is a no as well. If a Yakuza boss invites a person outside of their domain then it's only polite to come along without bringing any sort of protection. That includes bodyguards and weapons. It shows that you trust them.

Still, going by yourself could bring trouble and after what happened, you rather not take the risk.

You were left without any options.

Your shoulders slumped as you let out a quiet sigh. "Okay."

Hearing the disappointment in your voice made the redhead press the pause button again and peer over to you.

"What's the matter?" He raised an eyebrow. "Don't tell me you actually want to go?"

You sheepishly shrugged. "I do."

"Well then next time say something instead of pouting," he mocked then sighed. "Why do you even want to go?"

You kept quiet for a moment.

"I want to meet others who are like me." You began. "I'm going to be your wife and I want to learn how other girls live in this kind of lifestyle. My mom isn't around anymore so I can't ask her."