[30: Here For You]

Thank you YumeMitsuki (Quotev user) for the fan art :)

~To The Story~

Karma learned to not trust others so easily. If there is one thing you should know when working under the redhead, is that you must never betray him. Because that is the one thing he will never forgive you for.

In the environment he lives in, anyone can stab each other in the back. He has too many enemies and too many people want him dead. It's not like he's any trustworthy himself. In fact, he was considered to be the worst of the bunch.

Did Karma ever protest about being a boss over a bunch of other criminals? Nope. Not once.

Just before Karma started going to school, he would often play underneath the table where his dad was having a meeting with other gangsters. Some associated with the Clan, some who were not. Despite his young age, he was able to pick up on a few things that were being said.

The older he grew, the more he began to understand how the Yakuza worked, how they function in society. It interests him, to say the least. He wanted to manipulate the system in the shadows. Basically, the man behind the man who is unseen but has absolute control. He wanted control over the dark part of the city. Control the corrupt politicians.

This is why he never complained about his future position. Thus, he began to learn.

And he learned quickly. It was a talent. Anyone who knew him would call him a genius. He was underestimated at first due to how young he was but he proved how dangerous he was.

He also learned how difficult the job can be. Sure, there were a lot of materials and skills that came naturally to him. Like his leadership skills, his ability to outsmart an enemy and his manipulation skills.

But, it wasn't just that. The most difficult part of the job was taking a life.

It never fully occurred to him how difficult it would be until he had to do it.

The first person he ever killed was a young man in his mid-twenties. He wasn't entirely a bad person per se. He wasn't even associated with the Yakuza in any way. But he knew too much information. He couldn't let him go. He was the only one who could do it. There was no one around.

Karma shot him in between the eye and later had some guys hide the body.

He had trouble sleeping for a while.

It doesn't get easier. It just gets easier to hide his emotions. He doesn't burden it with anyone else either. Not Nagisa. Not Akari. He's not weak. He can't be. Not with the life he has so he hides his feelings.

Besides those hard times, Karma manages on his own just fine. He doesn't need anyone else to look after him.

But that didn't go as planned.

When he turned 16 he was told that he needed a fiancée. His family clan has always followed a lot of traditions and arranged marriages were one of them. His own parents were in an arranged marriage. Karma hated many of the traditions the clan follows and wishes to change them once he becomes in charge.

But before that, his dad was still in charge.

He denied the offer once his parents presented it to him, of course. He even threw one of his dad's belongings at him when they got persistent.

It was the most they've ever spoken to him.

He's not going to marry some outsider. How can his parents allow that? Screw getting more territory. Why doesn't he get a say in this?