[40: Criminal Date]

Dear Wattpad readers. Just because I don't update for a while, doesn't mean I gave up on my books. These chapters take time, and I do write other stories as well... and... you guys know I have a life right?

I'm mainly talking about Wattpad readers because I'm more active on Quotev so some of you guys on Wattpad seem to think I discontinue a story when I don't update for a while. Please stop assuming I discontinued a book. I promise you, I haven't.

~To The Story~

You couldn't ignore what happened last night.

You were not disturbed by your actions or even remotely scared. At first, yes you were, but you've done what needed to be done. You're past the point of caring, and as the future of Karma Akabane, you shouldn't afford to care.

Before coming, you never considered using violence in any way, nor did you see yourself doing so. You were too naive to think you would need to use self-defence. You wanted to be the type of wife who didn't get involved much with the crime syndicate. You wanted to be more like your mother. She was more of a stay-at-home mom and wife.

She also had a normal job for a while. You wonder if she's ever been threatened or kidnapped. Your family's clan is quite small, to the point, you've never been a target, so you doubt that your mother has ever been put in harm's way.

But, as far as you can tell, she wasn't as naive as you. According to those who knew, they would always speak highly of her—even your father.

You have never heard him say anything bad about her to this day.

You were cutting some tofu for your miso soup and began to slow down as a memory resurfaced.

One of the only times you saw your father happy was when your mother was around.

You remember this one time when you were sitting on your mother's lap letting her fix your hair. Your father is sitting next to her, and you remember other yakuza men around. You don't remember what they were talking about, you just remember your mother gently telling you to hold still so she can make you look pretty.

And when she finished, she would wrap her arms around your little frame and kiss your cheek.

You lowered your head and sighed sadly.

Oh, how you wish she was still alive today. You have so many questions to ask her. She was a normal civilian with a normal family, so how did she manage to get by all while having everyone's respect?

You would have been reminiscing more if it weren't for a certain someone coming from behind to squeeze your butt.

"Eeek!" You squeaked and spun around. "Karma! Don't scare me like that!"

Karma, of course, simply smiled unapologetically. The free hand he used to squeeze your butt was now slipping into the pocket of his pants.

"Well, you shouldn't be ignoring me." He chuckles.

You were about to say that you weren't, but, you realized you were so deep in thought you probably didn't hear him. You couldn't even hear him entering the kitchen.

"Sorry..." You sighed and went back to cutting. "I was in deep thought."

Yeah, Karma can tell. Now, he has no way of knowing what happened last night. So he figured your mind was occupied with this dreaded week, or how close the two of you were breaking up.

The redhead rubs his neck.

He is not breaking up with you. That much is for certain.

He thought he made that pretty clear the other night.