[18: Powerless]

~To The Story~

In front of the restaurant that Kanzaki works in, there was a parked car right in front. People casually walk by it, going on about their day and not minding the vehicle. They wouldn't even be able to take a peek if they wanted to, due to the windows being tinted.

Inside, Itona kept quiet from the driver's seat, playing on a Gameboy colour, all while you wordlessly handed Kanzaki an orange envelope. She seemed a bit confused until she accepted it and peered in.

"(Y/n)," Kanzaki gasped the second her eyes peeked into the orange envelope. "I can't take this!" She stared at you in complete awe.

She wanted to hand you back the money, but you pushed it back towards her.

"No, please," you insisted. "It's okay, I don't need this money."

"B-but, this is too much!" Kanzaki squawked. "Where did you even get this much money?!"

"It's mine. Don't worry about it." You said, wanting to be vague as possible.

Karma kept his words and gave you the one million yen as a 'gift' which meant you were able to give the money to Kanzaki. Although, there was a couple of promises he made you agree with beforehand. The first one was pretty obvious to you. Which is, you have to make sure Kanzaki doesn't tell anyone that she got the money from you.

If she does break the promise, Karma will deal with her himself.

The second thing is; if ever again, Kanzaki were to ask you for more money, then you will have to immediately cut all ties with her. It seemed Karma was still playing it safe and being wary of Kanzaki, just in case she was taking advantage of you.

You trust Kanzaki but you promised anyways and were extremely grateful to Karma that he was willing to compromise.

Kanzaki furrowed her brows. "It's yours?"

"Yes," you assured her. "Is this money enough to pay off your debt, right?"

Kanzaki, who was still taken aback by the amount of money you gave her, stuttered in her sentence. "Y-yes, this should be just enough... Are you sure it's okay to be giving me this much money?"

"I'm sure. But in return, you must promise me that this money stays between us. I don't want word getting out that Karma's fiancee is giving away free money."

"Oh, I would certainly take this to my grave." She said hurriedly then let out an airy chuckle. "Must be hard being the wife of a Yakuza."

You half shrugged, "I have it easier than most, to be honest."

The only other experience you had with another Yakuza Boss's wife was your mother. You don't have many memories of her sadly.

Kanzaki didn't comment on anything further. She turned back to the money and inspected it. She did have a few more questions, regarding the money you gave her. Though, because she remembers that you're involved with the Yakuza, she knows better than to press on. Instead, she chooses to simply accept the cash.

The only thing that matter was that she is able to finally pay off her debt.

"I don't think I'll be ever to repay this kindness, (y/n)-san." It's like you saw a heavyweight being lifted off from her. Her eyes turned glossy for a moment. "Thank you. Now I can focus on my studies in peace."

She smiled, cheery and innocent. The biggest smile you have seen from her so far.

"You're very welcome," you said back to her, grinning.