[21: Her Story]

~To The Story~

When Karma has a guest over, you are usually in your room and or somewhere in the manor, doing your own thing. The only time he made an exception was when he had Asano over that one time. Since then, you haven't introduced yourself to anyone who comes over which you don't mind. Another exception Karma would make is when his sister would be coming over today.

It would be a while until she came over so you killed time by doing a little watering outside.

Your finger pressed against the trigger a couple of times for water to come spritzing out of the nozzle, leaving hundreds of droplets onto the green plant.

You smiled contently, happy that the plant is looking healthy.

"Hey, what should we do with the smaller ones?" Itona asked, holding three small succulent plants in his arms.

"Hmm..." You stared at them for a good couple of seconds. "I think they would look better if we put them inside. Some of the windows lack personality wouldn't you say?"

"Personality?" He furrowed his brows. "Do windows even need them?"

You chuckled. "Nevermind. I'll find space for them."

You went back to watering the rest of the potted plant. Itona kept quiet. You didn't see how he would fidget a couple of times and parted his lips to say something but only to clamp it shut.

He eventually opened his mouth and spoke.

"... Are you okay?"

"Hm? Okay?" You gave him a puzzled look, mid spraying. "What do you mean?"

"You were kidnapped." He said bluntly.

You winced.

"Oh..."

You lowered the spray bottle and ended up fiddling with it.

"... I'm doing a bit better."

You weren't sure if you'll completely get over what happened. Although, you didn't want to forget about it. It would have been a cowardly move otherwise. What's done is done and the best thing to do is to learn from it and move on, despite it being a painful memory.

Itona's eyes flickered to his shoes for a moment then look right back at you. "Sorry if you find me useless."

"Useless?" You baffled. "Of course I don't. That was all on me. I've gone and done something I wasn't supposed to."

He shook his head. "That doesn't matter. I had a job and I failed."

Your eyes soften. He must have panicked when he couldn't find you at the restaurant. One could argue that he was mainly scared of Karma's wrath but you can somehow tell that he was genuinely concerned for your safety.

You could see where he's coming from but you still insisted on taking the blame. Because of you, even Terasaka and Itona got punished.

"If anyone should be apologizing, it should be me. I'm sorry if it makes you feel like you're babysitting me." You patted his head. "I promise I'll be more responsible."

The colour pink clouded the boy's cheeks.

"Don't pat my head," Itona grumbled, eyes looking at his shoes. "The Boss might kill me."

You giggled. "I'll make sure he doesn't."

Itona did not make any attempts to swat your hand away, instead, he just flushed and grumbled something incoherent. You stopped, figuring he had enough.