[27: Closed Heart]

~To The Story~

The sound of your phone buzzing was what woke you up.

You groaned from underneath your covers and try to blindly search for your phone as your head ached. Your hand reached out to grab the device, but all you came into contact with was the wooden surface of your bedside desk. You pulled the sheets off of you and peered over only to realize your phone wasn't there.

Listening closely, you realize that the buzzing sounded a bit distant. Sitting up and scratching your messy bed head, you scanned your room from underneath your lashes. You spotted your purse on top of the chair. The sound was coming from there.

Swinging your legs over the bed, you got off with Karma's suit slipping off to the floor without you seeing it.

By the time you reached your phone, the call ended. Still, you checked and saw that you have three missed calls from Karma. Before that, it seemed like he texted you a couple of times.

8:30 AM

[Evil Fiancé]

Good morning.

Hope you didn't get a hangover.

That would suck :p

You rubbed your forehead. You did have a headache, but you wouldn't call it a full-blown hangover.

9:00 AM

[Evil Fiancé]

Still sleeping in I see.

Lazy ass. Lol.

I'll try calling you later.

Your memory suddenly caught up to you from reading Karma's text. Your eyes widened in sheer horror. Gasping with shock, you stepped back as your phone bounced right out of your hand. You were frozen and your hand covered your mouth.

"We didn't." You said alarmingly. "We couldn't."

You remembered everything. From flirting with Karma, from running your fingers down his back and arm and then from kissing him. You let him kiss you and even suggested going upstairs to find a free room with sexual intentions.

From behind closed doors, he kissed you vigorously and held you close to his body. When you grew more and more lost in the heat, Karma suddenly stopped.

Your hand slowly began to leave your mouth, feeling less freaked out than before when more memories began to unfold in your head.

That's right. The two of you never had sex.

Something stopped Karma from going all the way with you. You were confused in the beginning, even when he told you that he didn't want to take advantage of you. You thought you were sober enough to make a proper decision and you were glad Karma didn't believe you. Instead, he draped his coat over you and even cuddled with you when you didn't want him to leave. You don't remember much after that. You must have fallen asleep.

The next thing you can remember is Karma holding your hand and taking you across the room through the other party guest. Fuzzy and disorientated, you did notice Karma picking up the pace as if he was trying to get away from someone.

You never bothered to ask. A huge wave of fatigue took over you by that point. The final memory you re-call is falling asleep again on the car ride. You guessed that Karma must have carried you to your room.