[25: Yearning For You]

~To The Story~

You had your first crush when you were in the fifth grade. He was a well-liked boy from your class and sorta the class clown who can make anyone laugh. It was you who had to approach him first in order to get his attention. It worked. You asked him to go roller-skating with you and he said sure. He sounded very reluctant but it went over your head, even when it felt like he was walking on eggshells around you the entire time.

"I got two tickets to see this new movie." You beamed a huge smile, holding up the tickets as proof. "Let's go this Saturday."

Your crush paused on his eating, peering up at you. His friends next to him were all were holding a laugh. You ignored them.

"Er..." He lowered his chopsticks, looking at his shoes, unsure what to say. "I can't." He finally says.

"You can't?" You furrow your brows and waited to hear his reasons.

"I uh..." He stuttered, rubbing the back of his head. "My um... I have to see my sisters play."

Your nose crinkled. He was lying and he made it obvious from the way he was stuttering. The biggest giveaway was that you heard he already went to see his sister's play last weekend. Though, you let it slide.

You pursed your lips, the enthusiasm in you almost died but you caught yourself.

"Then... um, Sunday?" You asked, hopeful. "I can get new tickets."

"Umm..." He winced, realizing his simple lie was not enough to drive you away.

His friend, who was sitting next to him laughed then uttered out, "oh my god." Unable to take the cringe, he stood up and seized you up. "(Y/n), can't you take a hint? He's not interested in you."

"Hey what are you--?!" Your crush panicked but his friend cut him off, thinking this is for his own good. "The only reason he agreed to go out with you was 'cause he's scared of your family."

You stared at the friend in shock. It wasn't the first time you've heard of this reason and it won't be the last. However, you wanted to hear it from him. It can't be true, it just can't this time. Your eyes nervously glazed over to your crush.

"Is that true?"

"I... I'm sorry, (y/n)," he shrunk back. "But it is."

And that was the first time you've experienced heartbreak.

Your eyes widen, filled with hurt.

"... There-there is no reason to be scared," you mumbled in a desperate attempt to shine yourself in a better light.

"You're... also pretty scary," he confesses as well.

You flinched.

"Wh-what?"

His friend followed up on what he meant. "You are. You pushed a sixth-grader into one of the ponds last month."

"I... I..."

You pushed him because he wouldn't leave you alone and kept calling you names. You were never a violent person, to begin with. You only fight back when someone hurts you first, so why are they treating you as if what you did was wrong.

Does everyone in your class have this illusion of you being violent just because you're a daughter of a Yakuza boss? Your act last month must have supported their assumptions.