[31: Your Reality]

I still can't get over how Annixzy Kozume (Quotev user) drew Kento 🥺💕 This is exactly how I envisioned him <3

~To The Story~

Growing up, you've been surrounded by many male members of your dad's family clan. They never bothered you as long as you didn't get in their way. You always kept your head down and never spoke out of line. That's why whenever you had to go to a party, funeral, wedding or whatever, you would often sit on the sidelines, keep quiet and be still.

That was when you were a mere daughter of a boss who is running a small clan though. Now, however, your position has changed.

When Karma said the two of you will be going to a funeral, you knew you couldn't just say no. And you didn't feel forced to come, no, no. You wanted to be there for Karma. Not to mention, it wouldn't look good on you and Karma if you didn't at least show up to this funeral to pay your respect. You're marrying into this side of the family after all.

As for who's funeral this is? Well, they were members of Karma's Clan. Guess that's why he was so emotionally drained out a few nights ago. You held his hand during the car ride here to lend silent support.

The service went the way it was expected and there were no issues. Except for that one time Karma pinched you, teasing you how stiffed you were. Instead of getting upset over his childish action in the middle of the funeral service, you just tried to relax your shoulders.

It's the first time you were surrounded by so many of Karma's people. What do they think of you? Are they disappointed?

If you were to voice your thoughts, Karma would most likely just laugh it off and say you're overthinking things. And, for some reason, thinking of him laughing at you does calm you down.

You thought more rationally. It's a funeral. Everyone's mind is too preoccupied.

Thanks to Karma, you're able to relax.

After the service, everyone was left to talk amongst themselves and eat.

You would have stuck with Karma longer, but Nakamura dragged you away, wanting you to get acquainted with some of the women here. You appreciated it even though your fiancé was annoyed that Nakamura dragged you away from him.

This brings you to the dining hall, having tea with several women like you, either born in the Yakuza household or just married to a Yakuza member.

"What are your plans now?" One of the Yakuza women asks. She can't be that much older than you, judging from her appearance.

Minding the sleeve of your black kimono, you reached across the table to pick out a fresh spring roll.

"Not sure." The woman said, speaking in a way that came across as cold, as she kept a cigarette in between her fingers. "I'll start by moving in with my sister. I miss my niece."

You understand that people handle the loss of someone differently, but this woman seems far too calm after losing her husband of 10 years. Then again, she came across as a stoic person. Now, probably you're just projecting yourself onto her, but maybe, she's a bit relieved that she no longer has any reason to stay with the Yakuza?

It'll be rude to ask for her honest feelings so you never said anything.

"I'm guessing you're happy you can now find a man who won't cheat on you, huh, Yoshino-chan?" Nakamura grinned cheekily.

You gave a stern side glance at Nakamura. Like Karma, she has no shame, good grief.

Well, you should let it slide because she wasn't the least bit annoyed with her answer. You assume they've spoken a couple of times judging from the way they speak to each other.