[7: Starting Over]

~To The Story~

The door to Karma's office has swung open and there stood Kataoka. A very furious Kataoka. Her green eyes narrowed in on the redhead who was casually sitting by his desk.

"Your fiancee just left!" She stormed over to his desk.

"Oh, good morning Kataoka-san." Nagisa politely greeted. She noticed Nagisa crouched to the floor, with a dustpan and cleaning what appeared to be a shattered vase.

"She ain't my fiancee anymore." He lazily tossed the sheet of paper he was reading onto the desk. "Besides, she had a boyfriend already."

"Even if she didn't, you would have still toyed with her!"

"Kataoka-san did you really wanted that girl to be my bride? She tried to throw a vase at me before she left." He pointed at the mess that Nagisa was cleaning.

"And it was a gift from Akari." Nagisa sighed, looking solemnly at the broken pieces, feeling disheartened about throwing a gift out.

"Lucky for us she's still out of the country," Karma grinned.

"She is so going to kill you when she comes back." Nagisa sighed.

"If you didn't like the girl then cancel the engagement and picked another girl!" Kataoka argued. "You have a list of girls for a reason!"

"Now where is the fun in that?"

Kataoka was about to yell but instead clammed her mouth shut and closed her eyes. Why is she even bothering to argue with him? Huffing out some air, Kataoka gave a hard look at the Devil.

"Pick another girl. And if you don't like her, then simply cancel the engagement." Kataoka began to turn her heels. "You better change your behaviour when the next girl comes!" Just like the way she came in, she stormed out.

"She's overworking herself." Karma sighed, merely brushing off whatever Kataoka said.

"All done," Nagisa announced, dumping all the shattered pieces into the small trash. "Should I call Akari and tell her about the vase?" The blue hair male set the dustpan and the brush aside.

"No, that's fine," Karma assured him, his legs leaving his desk. "We'll just be bothering her. She'll find out when she visits us again. Anyway, go ahead and pick the next girl on the list."

"Sure." Nagisa took his phone out. After a minute of looking for the right email, he scrolled through the names. A list of names of girls who are daughters of a Yakuza boss in the city, along with information on how to get hold of them or their parents.

"The next girl is... (L/n) (y/n)-san." At your name, Nagisa pursed his lips at how your last name sounded familiar. "Didn't you go to her piano recital?"

"Huh?" Confusion took over the Yakuza boss's face, but only for a moment. "Oooh. Yeah. But I didn't stay for long. I got called in for something. The only reason I went in the first place was 'cause I was bored."

"Um... She's from a small Yakuza family I believe." Nagisa stated. "Is that okay?"

"Yeah, why wouldn't it be?" Karma uncaringly shrugged. "It's not like she's staying for long."

Nagisa's shoulders fell just a tad, follow up by a soft sigh. "Fine, fine."

For the time being, Nagisa was letting Karma have his fun. He'd figure the Yakuza boss would eventually get bored by all of this (as he tends to do when he does play any game) so Nagisa does go along with it. From experience, It was better to let things play out rather than him tell Karma what to do.